Roselle Park Renews Unused Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I just noticed that the most recent FCC license update is a frequency Roselle Park never uses, 463.9375. It is actually tagged as a business frequency (IG). I wonder if they are planning on using it again (perhaps DPW?) or just decided to renew it just for the heck of it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You mean the one that is listed in the database as Fire Special Event (Rarely Used)? Rarely used, perhaps, but rarely ≠ never. If it's programmed in their radios, they would have a reason other than "just for the heck of it" to renew it.

WPXS472

Agencies, and businesses too for that matter, quite commonly license and renew the license for frequencies they never use. I personally know someone who licensed 2 low band frequencies and doesn't even have a radio for them. He wanted the license "just in case." I have visited the geographic coordinates given on licenses and there was nothing there. I mean nothing. No building, no tower, nothing. Yet those licenses were active and even renewed. Go figure.

Analogrules

Yes, I am referring to the "rarely used" FD frequency. However, I have never heard a sound on that channel, even during Fireworks or town events.

I also don't understand why towns without even radios for these frequencies decide to renew them. A waste of space that could be allocated elsewhere is the way I see it.

A lot of agencies just blindly renew anything they have, especially since renewals for them are free. Hopefully the frequency won't go fallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.