Rosemont FD Radio found

Yesterday afternoon a civilian came on the Rosemont FD Dispatch stating he had a radio he found at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. Rosemont had him standby on the radio and contacted all units over the air and asked if they were at Lutheran General and if they were missing a radio? All units that were there stated the radio didn't belong to them. Dispatch then asked Rosemont ambulance 59 if they can go back to Lutheran General to retrieve the radio from the civilian? Dispatch then contacted the civilian and told him to wait for Rosemont ambulance 59 to come and get the radio which he stated copy. This was on the trunked system TG and my radio was turned around so I didn't catch a radio ID from the lost radio. Now my question is, why couldn't Rosemont FD Dispatch figure out who the radio belonged to by looking at their dispatch screen if it's on the TG?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
In reviewing this traffic on OpenMHz.com and Broadcastify.com, the traffic started at 4:58pm and the Radio Reference wiki shows that this was a Rosemont radio (as opposed to belonging to another local FD that may have access to Rosemont's talkgroup for mutual aid purposes).

I know that some (many? most?) FDs have portables that do not have static assignments to a particular rig or user. In that case, other than showing the name of the department that the radio belongs to and a radio number, the alias information that appears on the dispatch console wouldn't help to identify a particular rig or user within the department. Maybe that was the case with this radio?