Rossford, OH - Rossford votes to join Lucas County emergency radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDawgEMT22

That is not surprising. They already had 6 portables for it, and from what I heard Perrysburg township is going to bee using it this year also

cb225662

I think....

my radio will be one big paper weight! on local system around here.when they change over I hope they hurry up with new scanner to cover this system good.

FireDawgEMT22

My psr600 covers this system wonderfully. Yeah occasional garble, but that is rare and i hear most everything perfectly. Set my location to stationary and haven't had a problem.

jimbolie1

Premium Subscriber
Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System

That is great news,now with Fulton County on board this month when will Perrysburg find the money to join?Maumee,Oregon,Sylvania,& Sylvania Twp had no problem with it.

FireDawgEMT22

Perrysburg Township is going to start using it full time this summer also from what I heard. Also heard rumor that Northwood is going to be going on board also. Just gotta get Ottawa County on board, but in order for that to happen Ottawa County will have to get everyone to agree on something....interdept ops nightmares out that way.

jackj

My 800 does a pretty good job on it. About 90-95% copy in Delta. Fulton County uses their controller but is really a stand-alone 770 MHz system.

FireDawgEMT22

My 800 does a pretty good job on it. About 90-95% copy in Delta. Fulton County uses their controller but is really a stand-alone 770 MHz system.

As of right now all the traffic on the Fulton County 700 system is also being broadcast on the Lucas Co 800 system also. That may or may not change. But from conversations with the EMA it probably will not because Lucas Co has never even come close to using all of their voice channels.

I know that is a little offtopic, but listed as an FYI since it was brought up..sorry lol

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Maybe this move will convince the rest of Wood County to migrate to this TRS. I know they are currently weighing their options as to what direction the county wants to pursue. The tragic EF-4 tornado that occurred less than two years ago, really underscored the need for Wood County to upgrade their radio system. Hopefully, this is the first of many positive changes to come.

73's

Ron

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Perrysburg Township is going to start using it full time this summer also from what I heard. Also heard rumor that Northwood is going to be going on board also. Just gotta get Ottawa County on board, but in order for that to happen Ottawa County will have to get everyone to agree on something....interdept ops nightmares out that way.

There is zero chance for Ottawa County to join this system. Last year Lucas County offered Ottawa County to join but Ottawa County denied. They want total control of their own system.

Ottawa County is currently in the planning stages of upgrading their EDACS system to a P25 system built by Harris. Ottawa County is not putting out bids for the system, they are just going with Harris. I am sure this has something to do with the comapny that currently holds the maintenance contract for the EDACS system. They only deal with Harris.

jackj

No bids?

snip
Ottawa County is not putting out bids for the system, they are just going with Harris. I am sure this has something to do with the comapny that currently holds the maintenance contract for the EDACS system. They only deal with Harris.
My gut feeling is that this isn't legal. IIRC, if the contract amount is over a certain amount then, by law, the contract MUST be put up for bid. It may well be that Ottawa Co. received only one bid and that was from Harris or they disqualified some bids because they didn't meet the specs.

FireDawgEMT22

I highly doubt they only received one bid. P&R is a new radio service in Oak Harbor that is taking over many Bender contracts around the area. I would be surprised if they didnt bid on a contract for Ottawa County.

FireDawgEMT22

Are they planning on installing any towers? I didnt think they would and didnt think they would need them as the system in its current configuration can have connection as far south as Findlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.