Roswell change to digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

More and more departments are moving to full time encryption because how easy it is to listen to them. You can download apps and listen on the phone. RPD was never very transparent. If you want go pay for a copy of the recordings. I bet we see more and more encryption in the years to come. Just look at how much more encryption is being used in ABQ on state system

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Surely didn't help with police impersonator corey king masquarding as a reporter rolling code 3 involving himself in police business
πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

More and more departments are moving to full time encryption because how easy it is to listen to them. You can download apps and listen on the phone. RPD was never very transparent. If you want go pay for a copy of the recordings. I bet we see more and more encryption in the years to come. Just look at how much more encryption is being used in ABQ on state system

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Surely didn't help with police impersonator corey king masquarding as a reporter rolling code 3 involving himself in police business

:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::LOL: That Guy! More and more stupid people are doing this. You hear about them all to often. Also does not help that broadcastify makes radio traffic LIVE and real time. So now scum bags can listen on there phone in almost real time to just about anywhere. I am sure we are going to see more and more departments go to full time encryption for these reasons. Now days it has become more important for officer safety.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Theres talk of corruption and transparency but I dont think many realize the gravity of his impersonating with a radio and showing up on scenes, and it'd be interesting to see how much he's likely at least one reasons for E.

This guy drives his ford explorer outfitted with 360 interior flashing lights with sirens and radios, himself in tactical gear, vest, gun, showing up on scenes and found to be making contact with suspicious vehicles and inserting himself into incidents as well as getting into an active Roswell pursuit as a vigilantee and even called in, on his cell phone thank god, saying he was assisting units with traffic control. He's known to run lights and sirens speeding to follow radio calls for his own news reporting and getting into beefs with cops on scene. Ive never heard of this level of impersonating like this before and I bet its not something well received by RPD

sargern1

And on his weather Spotter Network when he is out running around it comes up with a BOGUS! amateur radio callsign! He is never heard on any amateur radio frequency but it's still visible to any other Spotter on the Network. Don't know it for a fact but have heard he'd been busted a few times for various assorted things.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
How about Dexter, Hagerman and Lake Arthur what they use?
From a distance hearing the repeater it appears Hagerman units are encrypted now.

It almost appears like a trunking or voting system mode is being used. Not your typical microwave voter system but system controlled voter system. Hard to tell from distance I was but wouldn't surprise me.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Hagerman is still clear. Only RPD is encrypted. Hagerman is not apart of the new radio system upgrade and they have and maintain their own repeaters and tower.

System is a simulcast cell for city and county and 5 site multicast to cover the far parts of the county. All County channels are linked together so CCSO and CCFD are just 1 BIG channel with radios programmed for vote scan no channel changing for anyone. It's a very impressive system. The coverage seems to be good and audio is clear.

baseball214

Hagerman is still clear. Only RPD is encrypted. Hagerman is not apart of the new radio system upgrade and they have and maintain their own repeaters and tower.

System is a simulcast cell for city and county and 5 site multicast to cover the far parts of the county. All County channels are linked together so CCSO and CCFD are just 1 BIG channel with radios programmed for vote scan no channel changing for anyone. It's a very impressive system. The coverage seems to be good and audio is clear.

What is Hagerman frequency? Then what is CCSO CCFD frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.