Roxbury pd uhf

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefjohnson

Apparently Roxbury PD will be handing over it's dispatching duties over to Morris County and will be using the MEIRS System. They will also be siging over their existing UHF FD, PD & DPW pairs to the county to expand the MEIRS System. Roxbury already transmits from the Mooney Mountain tower which is one of the county locations. Unknown when the switchover will really be.

RocketNJ

That is just a rumor right now. Not confirmed by any means.

Roxbury does not transmit from the County tower, They are about 1/2 mile away at the cell site.

JAFONorf

Premium Subscriber
That would be a bummer if they go to Morris County.

Would that mean Rox going Digital?

Time to hop on the grapevine....

chiefjohnson

Mooney

Actually, they are on the same tower as the county. They may have once been on that cell tower but now Xmit from the Mooney Mtn tower with aux rcvrs throughout town.

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
I'll bet $1000 they are NOT on the County tower. Trust me, I know.

I will second Rocket. Trust me, I know.

Actually, they are on the same tower as the county. They may have once been on that cell tower but now Xmit from the Mooney Mtn tower with aux rcvrs throughout town.

Some of their satellite receivers are even "illegally" tapped into other town's receiving equipment without their knowledge (outside of the borders of Roxbury). Seems like there was a contractor trying to safe a few bucks.

res5cue

it would be an improvment if/when roxbury goes to MIRS. The audio on Roxbury PD & Fire channels is horrible. didnt hear that they are going to sign over the freqs they currently use over to the county for expanding MIRS. Didnt think they needed to add additional frequencies. MIRS works good from what i hear on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.