• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Royal Canadian Navy

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I noticed in various photos that it seems the Royal Canadian Navy uses XTS 5000 in the UHF band, does anyone know what frequencies do they operate on? I figure it may be encrypted but it's good to know anyway..

Thank you

I'm guessing since Canada is part of the Commonweath they would be probably be using the 380-400Mhz range for onboard ship comms.

Since the Royal Australian Navy and the Royal New Zealand Navy use that band for onboard ship comms. Both analogue and P25. 385-397MHz being the most used range. And that also includes some of the comms with the onboard helicopter.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I will give 385-397 a try.

Is there a name for this piece of spectrum for all commonwealth countries?

Million $$ Question, been searching for them for years, when they do Port Calls to Boston
and have never been able to NAB any activity other than VHF Marine

Hi all,

I noticed in various photos that it seems the Royal Canadian Navy uses XTS 5000 in the UHF band, does anyone know what frequencies do they operate on? I figure it may be encrypted but it's good to know anyway..

Thank you

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Fleet Week NYC is around the corner and that will be one of my hope to shed some light on it.