RPI no toneout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
they do have tones and are dispatched through rensselaer co 911 on 46.10 also they care activated on their own Radio channel

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I was looking at the listing for RPI in Rensselaer County NY Fire Dispatch and see that they have no tone out tones associated with their agency. Is this true or is the information just not available.

Would you know what they are I have a Minitor 5 I am trying to program for my son who is a student there
Try 584.8/617.4

On the Rensselaer County Fire Wire, they post audio of dispatches. On a dispatch earlier today, they blew the tones a second time, and I picked them out using Radio ID. Apparently they do the entire dispatch twice with tones both times. Plenty of other dispatch audio on file there. RPI Ambulance – Rensco Fire Wire

If those tones are correct, would you update the Wiki? I am not close enough to verify by listening on the air.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
this is there in house channel i believe i program it in to my radio and monitor .155.22000 156.7 PL

D

DaveNF2G

Ahh, okay. That's not really "new".

BTW, are they still transmitting a dead carrier (or possibly subaudible data) on 460.2875?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
If someone close to RPI could verify those tones that I gave in post #4 and which frequency they are transmitted on, I would be willing to update the wiki. I don't live close enough to Troy to hear any transmissions from over there.

D

DaveNF2G

I'll try, but it could take a while. RPI usually gets toned out when they are responding off-campus, which means that two conditions must be met - it must be a very busy day, and RPI's ambulance must be staffed.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
ok so after some time of monitoring rpi ems they get toned out on the vhf channel 155.2200 they also may still get toned out on 46.10 but not sure.i only have this programmed into my portable so i havent been able to decode the tones.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm RPI Ambulance Dispatch on 155.220 CTCSS 156.7 Hz. Heard the second half of a dispatch last week while searching around the VHF band. Missed the first part of the transmission, so I don't know about pager tones. In the past I have heard portables at RPI events ID as 901, 902, 903, etc. As for the 460.2875 and 465.2875 MHz. CTCSS 100.0 Hz., yes, they are still on the air and act as the remote base link to and from the Rensselaer County dispatch center to the base radio on campus. Both sides are always transmitting (I'm assuming to reduce the time a receiver would lose having to open up).

D

DaveNF2G

On the 800 system, RPI's rig is 59-35. I don't know if they still have a second unit.

The continuously-on links probably indicate that tones are sent before dispatches. The transmitter would have to come up pretty fast for the A tone to be decoded properly.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
RPI Ambulance has a "Fly Car " and an Ambulance. i dont know the the fly car id but would assume FR 59

Status
Not open for further replies.