RPS in B’ham/JeffCo area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
What frequencies are used by Regional Paramedic Services (RPS) in Birmingham / Jefferson County area?
Can’t find anything listed in RRDB.

medic9351301

Banned
they are on a push to talk system , like the old nextel walkie talkies ,
thus not monitorable

Irishfireguy3622

Premium Subscriber
The RPS units in St. Clair County can be heard on the VHF DMR system they use. The system isn't technically "encrypted" but even a scanner with DMR capabilities won't hear it, or it will pass through as garbled digital mess. You can hear the dispatcher talk with all units on VHF analog. Every once in a while, you will hear a dept transmit on VHF analog to acknowledge a response, but that's it.

medic9351301

Banned
rps has a vhf dmr? or st.clair county fire central dispatch ?
reason why i ask is that i have a step son that works for 2 st.clair county depts .
and they do have 4 dmr repeaters using enhanced privacy plus. plus the still use the analog 154.010 .

this is what was pulled from a turbo radio and confirmed on scanner . rx only per a request .

152.360 east
152.405 north
159.930 south
151.3475 west

Irishfireguy3622

Premium Subscriber
reason why i ask is that i have a step son that works for 2 st.clair county depts .
and they do have 4 dmr repeaters using enhanced privacy plus. plus the still use the analog 154.010 .

this is what was pulled from a turbo radio and confirmed on scanner . rx only per a request .

152.360 east
152.405 north
159.930 south
151.3475 west
The St. Clair county VHF DMR system is what I was referring to. I guess it IS technically encrypted, just the TRBO version with the Enhanced Privacy Plus.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber

RPS used to have VHF repeater(s) back in the day but we never used them when I worked there years ago. SouthernLinc was our go to.
The DMR system they use in St. Clair CO is the St Clair Co Fire Assosiations DMR system used for the county fire depts. It was requested that RPS trucks in St Clair have access to the system since that is their primary response area. The old analog vhf system for the county is still in use for paging but only dispatch can be heard on that usually last I knew.

St Clair Co Fire is looking to go to the state system anyway.
RPS in Jeff Co was worse than st clair so never stepped foot in their stations/trucks so idk how they operate other than we all used SouthernLinc.

Status
Not open for further replies.