RPT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4OHY

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is somewhere else (I tried a forum search)

I currently have two Icom ID-880h radios. Now that I live in an area with somewhat active D-Star repeaters, I've been trying to become more active on the digital side.

I always run into the same issue. Every time I try to get onto a repeater I get the error back of RPT?(repeater callsign). My programming resembles:

My : W3COP
RPT 1: KK6GFX B
RPT 2: KK6GFX G
UR: CQCQCQ (added UR call memory to make it so gateway is always set).

As far as I can tell my programming appears to be right. One of the repeaters I tried to access (same call sign programming just different repeater) was pretty active and not linked. I tried chiming in a couple of times while there was a break in communication, but my radio came back with RPT?(repeater callsign) and I didn't get any response from the active users. I can seem to link and unlink repeaters just fine.

Anything I'm missing/unaware of?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Have you registered your callsign and atleast one subscriber radio?

dmaria

Both of my 880H's and my 51A also get this error whenever I hit the local repeaters. Others in this area have reported the same problem. I have no issues connecting anywhere, and the general concensus is to just ignore it.

kv5e

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
RPT? response from the gateway is normal when CQCQCQ is in the URCall field.

This is the response from the Gateway on US Trust and it goes back to the days of call sign source routing before the DPlus application.

It may be ignored and considered normal operation when CQCQCQ is in the URCall field.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.