RR and the PRO-106... a heart felt thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
Radioreference is a wonderful site, and I aplaud the creator for offering its membership the many forums to post on. There is a forum for everything, and everyone. This particular forum, Radio Shack Scanners is another such forum that holds importance to the membership... it allows the membership to post questions, rants and raves, and I thought it was a good place for me to post my Radio Shack comment.

I have seen some great posts on this forum, usually members questioning other members for information regarding thier RS scanners... seeking assistance, that will help them to better enjoy thier hobby. I also see a few puzzled members, who are having difficulty in understanding, and operating thier digital, object oriented scanners. Many are seeking help with the Pro-106, the top of the line hand-held offered to the hobby which is pretty much the most innovative scanner available today. The 106 holds its place right up there with the GRE PSR-500 its close relative, virtually identical twin, therefor, this post could have been easily written and added to the GRE forum.

I just wanted to inform my fellow scanner enthusiats, who own and operate the Pro-106, to keep posting your questions and concerns on this Radio Shack forum, as I know the learning curve for this scanner is quite high. There are many many members here who will read your posts, and help out any way they can. This is the place where new and experience members meet to gain knoweledge and there is usually an answer posted to each and every question. Again, I apluad this forum.

My post today is written from experience... while I have been in the scanner hobby for approx 30 years, I have owned some of the best scanners ever manufactured, and the hobby has come a long way, but in this instance, I wish to thank RS for offering us the state of the art PRO-106 hand-held scanner. The most versitile, portable scanner available, in my opinion. Each firmware upgrade only makes this scanner better, and thru experience in its operation by its owner, can come the most exciting scanner experience ever. Thru time and involvement, the 106 owner gains trust in the brand, and I just wanted to let you new owners know that given time, you will learn to understand this scanner, and come to appreciate all it has to offer to the you and hobby. I feel it's the best scanner on the market today, and hope that early ownership doesn't lead to frustration. Give it time, and continue to post questions, rants and raves, and settle in and enjoy monitoring again.

I truly love being a scanner enthusiast, love Radioreference for allowing us to voice opinions, and search answers... love the hobby of monitoring those airwaves that are still un-encrypted no matter what they are... and I love my Pro-106. So all in all, this post today is my way of giving back to the hobby. I hope my scanner experiences can help the newest members to the hobby, and the newest members to the RS scanner family.

Consider this post a rave... just a little something different to read, to help keep this forum on the up-beat and exciting. Happy monitoring to all !!

your friend,
Kevin

al95

RR is a great place to be a member. RS has a great Pro-106 (gre PSR-500) scanner. I love my Pro-106 because I don't get any motorboating. I have been into scanning since the year 1993
I found RR while doing a search in the internet for frequencies for my area which was in the year 2006 when I got my first computer. Before I found this site I would buy all of my radios at RS. Now I get to see and compare prices from different venders. Thanks to Kevin for posting his thank-you letter to RR and RS Pro-106.

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Nice post Kevin, and welcome back! I wholly agree about Radio Reference, and I expressed my gratefulness awhile back by becoming a Premium Subscriber. Still have my Pro-106, and still enjoying it.

smason

Agreed, this site is awesome. While I won't give "The Shack" too much credit for the 106 (after all is is a GRE product) I will give big Kudos for carrying scanners over the years, and for the price of the 106.

I'm Canadian, and we've been without Radio Shack for quite a few years now. I was saving up some gift cards for a local mall to buy the PSR-500 from "The Source" which is what the Canadian Radio Shack stores became. It would have been $600.00 CDN.

I was in California last week, and with the CDN $ close to par, I was able to get a Pro-106 for $399.00
Quite a deal! even if I did have to buy the USB cable.
Got it home, upgraded the firmware, and used Win500 to blast my PSR-600 file into it.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
couldn't agree more with Kelvin and others. love my pro106 and win500 and sure glade I joined RR. I was not very bright on scanning but have come along way since I got here. My hat's off to everyone who gathers all the info and updates the data base so i can enjoy. I'm not much at that but I'm learning as I go. thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.