RR Black Hawk County SARA - PRO668 - ISCAN Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartThrobs

Premium Subscriber
No more RACOM simulcast of Black Hawk County law enforcement. I'm trying to download the SARA Network System directly from RR to my RS Pro-668 but I'm not hearing anything in Black Hawk County. For two days I've tried several different settings but can't figure it out.

This is my first time dealing with P25 so any help will be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to my OneDrive of a PDF showing screen caps of my iScan settings - https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmCM5bdqB02B7jB3mFIhU3s7Q662.

Something that is really confusing me is the site FCC Licenses, Black Hawk Co Simulcast Site Details (SARA Network (Project 25) System). Not all of the freqs are used and RR lists a combination of the two.

FYI - Encryption is in the future for all Black Hawk County law channels.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
The information in the database is correct.

I can't tell from your screenshots, what talkgroups do you have programmed in for the system? You need talkgroups or a wildcard programmed in for the system in order to hear anything.

Even if you have it programmed correctly, you may also experience simulcast distortion since the Black Hawk site is a simulcast site. You can read more about simulcast distortion here: Simulcast Distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

HeartThrobs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help and the article.

I have the Black Hawk Co. law, fire and EMS TGs loaded. Two of my steps were also adding a wildcard to the TGs and then to the Radio ID.

I've tried a couple of the suggestions in the article with no luck. I'll try more later.

HeartThrobs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again!
With how frustrated I was getting from trying to get it working over several days it was a big help knowing the database was correct.

I got it working mainly from the tips on the digital gain control , ADC gain and DAC gain settings in the article.

n0akf

I have a Unication G4 Phase II - I highly recommend it as it actually works on the LSM systems. Night and day difference over a scanner. Gone are the good ol days of easy scanning :)

Haley

I agree on the G4/5 , had my G5 for a year now, and it is VERY good at what it was designed for. It's in Arlington right now getting the P2 upgrade done. I hear BH county all the time off the Marshalltown, Grundy, and Wellsburg sites. I am really impressed with the receive range these pagers have in the 700/800 band with the stock antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.