Sentinel: RR Database and Uniden Sentinel Database

gatorfellow

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I see amateur radio entries in the RR database that do not appear in the database that the Uniden Sentinel Software uses from radioreference. Is there a delay in the databases updating and syncing? Specifically, I don't see the amateur radio listings on this page in the updated sentinel database: Alachua County, Florida (FL) Amateur Radio

Thank you for your assistance.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello. I see amateur radio entries in the RR database that do not appear in the database that the Uniden Sentinel Software uses from radioreference. Is there a delay in the databases updating and syncing? Specifically, I don't see the amateur radio listings on this page in the updated sentinel database: Alachua County, Florida (FL) Amateur Radio

Thank you for your assistance.
-
Have you updated your Sentinel Database lately? They are in there.

1667923865883.png

gatorfellow

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have the most recent update. If you select the listings you show in your post, they do not match the records in the RR database that I linked to.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have the most recent update. If you select the listings you show in your post, they do not match the records in the RR database that I linked to.
-
They match exactly when I check them. Look in the lower left corner of your Sentinel window and see what it shows for the database update date. It's either not up to date, or you're looking in the wrong place.

gatorfellow

Premium Subscriber
Mine do not match using the latest update of the database. I've circled the ones that are missing. Just performed update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108_115933.png
    Screenshot_20221108_115933.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20221108_120238.png
    Screenshot_20221108_120238.png
    100 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2022-11-08 115512.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-08 115512.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 17

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm... this is what I see..... What version of Sentinel are you using?

1667927646744.png
1667927681854.png

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
In the bottom left corner - what database version is showing?

Mine's not even up to date and it's all there. (09/25/2022)

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
In the bottom left corner - what database version is showing?

Mine's not even up to date and it's all there. (09/25/2022)
His screen capture shows he's using database 11/06/2022, but he's using an outdated version of Sentinel.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Are you sure that you're looking at the full database? The Database > USA > Florida > Alachua > County Systems > Alachua

Or are you looking at one of your Favorites Lists and expecting that to be updated when you update the Sentinel database? That's not how it works, your Favorites Lists are never automatically updated when you update Sentinel's database. You have to re-append those listings to your Favorites List if you want to update them.

gatorfellow

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure that you're looking at the full database? The Database > USA > Florida > Alachua > County Systems > Alachua

Or are you looking at one of your Favorites Lists and expecting that to be updated when you update the Sentinel database? That's not how it works, your Favorites Lists are never automatically updated when you update Sentinel's database. You have to re-append those listings to your Favorites List if you want to update them.
Aha. I think that may be the issue. I copied and pasted the system into the favorites list previously. But, the database has since been updated. What's the best way to determine if there's been a change in the database that needs to be appended to my favorites? Thank you very much.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
What's the best way to determine if there's been a change in the database that needs to be appended to my favorites? Thank you very much.
-
Follow the instructions on this page to set your "watched" database items.

When those items are updated, they will show at the top of the main login page for RR (you need to be logged in on that page).

Updates in the last 24hrs will be green, updates in the last week will be yellow.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
That Uniden link is a little flakey, doesn't work in Chrome for me but works in Edge, and Firefox.
You might have a setting off or something as I was able to download using chrome without any issues via the link on the page that was posted.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
You might have a setting off or something as I was able to download using chrome without any issues via the link on the page that was posted.
Others are having the same issue, the link is http, not https. Browsers and their security level settings will affect downloads. If I lower the security settings on Chrome, it will download.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
-
That Uniden link is a little flakey, doesn't work in Chrome for me but works in Edge, and Firefox.

Uniden's link:

Is not secure!
It is not using "https://", it is using "http://"

Firefox will warn you but it will allow you to decide if you want to use it regardless. Chrome might be blocking it.