RR FCC database does not omit CANCELED or TERMINATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Got another one for ya, Lindsay! :twisted:

The RR FCC database is importing/showing licenses with CANCELED and TERMINATED statuses, instead of omitting them along with the EXPIRED ones.

I'm not certain if the monthly import pulls all Part 90 licenses regardless of status, then the EXPIRED ones are omitted from the online and PDF reports? If that is the case, then the CANCELED and TERMINATED licenses should probably be included with EXPIRED so they don't show in any reports.

I found 2394 of these licenses in just NY alone, so purging them should lighten the database and/or reports by quite a bit! :eek:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If anything I would think it should omit cancelled/terminated and _include_ expired. Oftentimes agencies fail to re-up in a timely fashion and are still actively using the frequencies. But if an agency takes the time to submit a cancellation/termination, then I find it much more plausible that they actually are abandoning those frequencies.

Mike

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I thought there was some reason why we did this.. however I cannot remember off the top of my head. This is a real easy change to make, so let me me investigate further.

Just so you know, we don't filter anything.. we import the entire FCC database, then pre-process it for our needs, like adding sin() and cos() lat lon's columns for quicker proximity queries etc, in addition to removing Nextel licenses and a few other minor items.

More to follow, and on my task list.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ahh.. and a quick look indicates that the FCC changed their entity type definitions. It probably went out in a bulletin but I didn't see it. In any case "C" used to actually be "CL" and I don't believe "T" ever existed until recently.

Ahh.. more to do... but these are simple SQL changes that I need to find.

Thanks,

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Following up on this old thread:

The Canceled and Terminated licenses are still showing up in the PDF reports.

They are being properly omitted from the online RR FCC page, however.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Good stuff. One county I just checked decreased by 3 pages, it's lean and mean now.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm going to bump this thread again, because I just noticed that CANCELLED, TERMINATED or EXPIRED licenses are also not being omitted from the Unidentified FCC Licenses search per county.

Using Rockland County, NY again as the example:

Unidentified FCC Licenses for Rockland County, New York (NY)

The following licenses on that page are not ACTIVE and shouldn't appear:

KEA399 - EXPIRED
WPLU912 - TERMINATED
WPOZ504 - EXPIRED
WPVT631 - EXPIRED
WQAP779 - EXPIRED

It would make it a bit easier to find active, unassigned frequencies if it filtered out the non-active ones.

Also, can the headings on that page be enhanced to sort-enabled, like they are on the All FCC Licenses page?

Status
Not open for further replies.