RR FCC DB and Radio Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I was recently skimming through the Maricopa County, AZ DB page when I noticed a few frequencies under the Peoria tab, these are in the 700MHz spectrum. I noticed that no license was attached to them but when I searched them in the RR license DB search nothing was returned. When I went to the ULS system and searched the frequency, it was returned immediately.

What I am trying to get at here is, is the radio service code SG - Conventional Public Safety 700 MHz covered in the imports from the FCC Database onto the RR DB? It would be nice if it was as I have run across this before in other parts of the database where when searching the frequency gets no results on RR, but on the FCC ULS System, it comes up.

769.05625RM293 NACA12 InterOpInterOp P25Interop

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Yeah, I realized that after I posted, see my edit (I glanced at the month/day)
All good. I thought the same thing before I posted it, had to do a double-take myself. Makes sense why it's not showing now, it a statewide and nationwide like you mentioned in the edit.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So what it boils down to, unfortunately, is that while the licenses are indeed being imported into the RRDB, they are not going to be easily found by looking at the county FCC listings, since there are no fixed locations or coordinates associated with the frequencies. In fact, the County and State is not even listed, making them even more vague. This puts them in a kind of limbo, where even if you search 769.05625 for the FCC licenses in Arizona, the license won't come up. You can get to it if you know the call sign, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.