• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

RR freq base scanner antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nattybohhoe

hey im lookin for a RR freq base scanner antenna.. its going on a bct15. i read on alabama railfan website that a 2 meter ham antenna would work really good. but now im talkin to people and they are saying its not oging to be great, so in that sense, whats a good RR bnad antenna thanks

SCPD

any scanner antenna works good for the Railroad band i would try the scanantenna i used that for many years had it about 45ft abouve ground and recived signals about 100 miles away any quistions you have ask me i work for the BNSF Railway i will be glad to help you

Try this website, I would suggest a version of thier "Traintenna" I have an indoor model of the Traintenna that they no longer seem to make (its pretty much just a J-Pole), and it works great! RR Comms are deffinatly improved, but I also pick up surrounding systems on UHF and 800 better. No complaints.

http://www.dpdproductions.com/

SCPD

Railcom sells a gain antenna just for the RR band i think it sells for $79 its a magnut mount antenna i think it has a 3 or 4 ft whip on it i have it and it works great

gcgrotz

I agree, and just about any good commercial 5/8wave antenna would come with a trimming chart. The hard part is cutting the stainless steel!

Status
Not open for further replies.