RR freq base scanner antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nattybohhoe

hey im lookin for a RR freq base scanner antenna.. its going on a bct15. i read on alabama railfan website that a 2 meter ham antenna would work really good. but now im talkin to people and they are saying its not oging to be great, so in that sense, whats a good RR bnad antenna thanks

SCPD

QRT
any scanner antenna works good for the Railroad band i would try the scanantenna i used that for many years had it about 45ft abouve ground and recived signals about 100 miles away any quistions you have ask me i work for the BNSF Railway i will be glad to help you

Try this website, I would suggest a version of thier "Traintenna" I have an indoor model of the Traintenna that they no longer seem to make (its pretty much just a J-Pole), and it works great! RR Comms are deffinatly improved, but I also pick up surrounding systems on UHF and 800 better. No complaints.

http://www.dpdproductions.com/

SCPD

QRT
Railcom sells a gain antenna just for the RR band i think it sells for $79 its a magnut mount antenna i think it has a 3 or 4 ft whip on it i have it and it works great

gcgrotz

I agree, and just about any good commercial 5/8wave antenna would come with a trimming chart. The hard part is cutting the stainless steel!

Status
Not open for further replies.