RR stream with moto gp68?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Could i broadcast a stream of my county using a moto gp68 or does it have to be a scanner?

thanks

You need a compatible scanner to be able to stream your area.

GRE and UNIDEN makes compatible radios to do this.

n9zas

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
You need a compatible scanner to be able to stream your area.

GRE and UNIDEN makes compatible radios to do this.

n9zas

A GP68 may very well be compatible with what he is trying to stream.
If it can receive what you want to stream, and you can interface the audio to a PC, I don't see why not.
Be careful, many commercial radios have voltage on the audio outputs and something might fry if you put it to your sound card without isolation.

KK4ELO

ok thanks. one yes.....one no. ill let this thread go for a bit and and see if some one with a gp68 can chime in. unless some one knows how i can go about trying, without causing damage...
anyone with input or suggetions welcome. (even criticism)

gewecke

Banned
Well most scanners are multi-band and have a i.f. output of some sort.
The moto gp68 is a single band radio but if you could find a way to port the i.f. and audio to your pc with compatible software, then just maybe....

n9zas

KK4ELO

all i would be streaming is uhf. county/city law, county fire, city fire, and other law/fire channels, all of which are uhf.

what software would i need for the stream anyway?

gewecke, what is the "i.f."?

gewecke

Banned
all i would be streaming is uhf. county/city law, county fire, city fire, and other law/fire channels, all of which are uhf.

what software would i need for the stream anyway?

gewecke, what is the "i.f."?

The intermediate frequency of your gp68 would need to be accessed. The service manual for that radio would be needed to find the point on the printed circuit board first.
As far as software, I have no clue what you would use?

n9zas

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
He doesn't need the IF to stream audio. All he needs is the regular audio output. If the radio has a speaker-mic connector, that would be a great place to pull it...he just needs to make sure it's isolated from the soundcard input.
Here is a good place to read about streaming for RadioReference (on the right side of the page in the yellow box)
Live Audio - The RadioReference Wiki

gewecke

Banned
He doesn't need the IF to stream audio. All he needs is the regular audio output. If the radio has a speaker-mic connector, that would be a great place to pull it...he just needs to make sure it's isolated from the soundcard input.
Here is a good place to read about streaming for RadioReference (on the right side of the page in the yellow box)
Live Audio - The RadioReference Wiki

I suggested the I.F. because it's a constant signal source and A.F. is not. The audio output of his talkie is around 500mw and may be to "hot" for the sound card input. Also the I.F. is not influenced by the volume control, he can set it loud or not and his stream to the internet would not be distorted.

n9zas

n5ims

I suggested the I.F. because it's a constant signal source and A.F. is not. The audio output of his talkie is around 500mw and may be to "hot" for the sound card input. Also the I.F. is not influenced by the volume control, he can set it loud or not and his stream to the internet would not be distorted.

n9zas

Isn't IF (Intermediate frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) in the RF stage of the radio, not the audio stage? The IF is generally well above the audio frequency range. For example, the GRE PSR-500 has three IF stages. The first IF is at 380.8 MHz, the second IF is at 21.4 MHz and the third IF is at 455 kHz.

Aren't you actually talking about the "baseband audio" such as that available from a discriminator tap (http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Discriminator_output)? That would provide the audio pre-filtered and unaffected by the volume control.

gewecke

Banned
Isn't IF (Intermediate frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) in the RF stage of the radio, not the audio stage? The IF is generally well above the audio frequency range. For example, the GRE PSR-500 has three IF stages. The first IF is at 380.8 MHz, the second IF is at 21.4 MHz and the third IF is at 455 kHz.

Aren't you actually talking about the "baseband audio" such as that available from a discriminator tap (http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Discriminator_output)? That would provide the audio pre-filtered and unaffected by the volume control.

Tired, long day! Yeah...discriminator output,not i.f.
that's the bugger lol!
My mistake. :(

n9zas

n5ims

Tired, long day! Yeah...discriminator output,not i.f.
that's the bugger lol!
My mistake. :(

n9zas

I was certain you knew what you were talking about, even if you weren't saying what you thought you were saying. Long days can make the mouth (or fingers) say one thing eventhough the brain is telling them to say something else. Glad I was able to translate it for you (now you can translate for me when my fingers start doing their own thing the next time!) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.