RRDB v2.0 Q&A and Feedback Discussion

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Would love to hear your feedback, reports of problems, and cool feature requests you have for the RRDB v2.0 release which was released to production on Sunday, May 15th, 2022

Current Known issues:
  • No ability to view input frequencies on agency pages Fixed 5/16 @ 9:50 AM CT
  • Agency FCC assigned callsigns aren't available
For now, at least for the next week or so, we'll make most functions that will normally be available only to premium subscribers to everyone as we gather feedback. Things like queries, filters etc will be then shortly available only to premium subscribers.

Thanks for your patience and feedback, look forward to to hearing from you:

PS: If you like it, please tell me so. If you don't like it/something etc, please professionally tell me so as well, and be cool about it.

PPS: No, there is no dark theme available.

Last edited:

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Login / logout from the db should not dump you back to the front page of the site (login especially).

1652641291864.png

CVPI4Ever

One of my main things is the Wiki. I think there needs to be a point of contact for whomever modifies them and there isn't to either add, modify, or delete information. I believe in the past I have posted and nobody seems to know. Can we please on the Wiki pages add someone?

Pat

Premium Subscriber
I noticed in the pop-up window for the RRDB v2.0 County Page Tour the text says "Welcome to the new RadioReference Database v2.0 Beta"

KG7LER

Premium Subscriber
The "Near Me" button only allows GeoIP location, I am on Starlink Internet and my GeoIP location is always wrong due to which ground station I am going through. An option to enter a Zipcode would be nice.

nd5y

The ScannerMaster ad still covers part the menu bar (or whatever it is called) text when the menu sidebar is collapsed.

Attachments

• 1652644807074.png
    1652644807074.png
    36 KB · Views: 24

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The "Near Me" button only allows GeoIP location, I am on Starlink Internet and my GeoIP location is always wrong due to which ground station I am going through. An option to enter a Zipcode would be nice.
The NearMe button does not necessarily use a GeoIP function, it uses your browser's location data. That may or may not be derived from GeoIP data, but definitely on mobile devices it will use the GPS function of your device.

There is already a Zip Code browse function implemented on the United States' browse page

Reconrider

Login / Logout correct behavior has been fixed

Tours of the new features have had their wording fixed from representing the beta.
Can you have the tutorial scroll down when it's teaching about the "queries" category? I was so confused by what it was telling me and I wasn't able to see if until I zoomed to -60%. My current device is a laptop so no large screen to see the whole bar.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can you have the tutorial scroll down when it's teaching about the "queries" category? I was so confused by what it was telling me and I wasn't able to see if until I zoomed to -60%. My current device is a laptop so no large screen to see the whole bar.
For all the browsers that I tested on, it auto-scrolls the page down during the "teaching" process.

Reconrider

1652645962759.png
I was submitted a db change when I was redirected to the "my submission" page - no issue with this.
Can you make the ESPN part clickable? Thanks.

Reconrider

For all the browsers that I tested on, it auto-scrolls the page down during the "teaching" process.
Very odd. It didn't auto scroll on my browser. It's possible it was just mine, but I'm using the lastest firefox browser.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I think there needs to be a point of contact for whomever modifies them and there isn't to either add, modify, or delete information.
The RadioReference Wiki is a user-editable resource. Any registered RadioReference user can edit the articles in the Wiki (with the exception of a few articles that are locked).

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
No phase 2 warning as there was previously

We're not doing scanner warnings anymore. I know this is big for you, but we're just not doing it anymore considering the myriad of different systems vs scanner support there is now. We could be knee deep in warnings about all kinds of different systems.