RRDB v2.0 Q&A and Feedback Discussion

jabbeaux

……
My suggestion to @blantonl would be to bump up the red a bit, even a medium red like #C00000 would provide enough contrast to be visible to most (except for those suffering from color blindness), without being an eye-bleed pure red (#FF0000).

I suspect you know a lot more than I on color palette and usability for color blindness.
Perhaps we use this opportunity to use a color-blind-friendly palette?

Rolf522

To Administrator, I am finished sending you guys any more submissions. You have changed the Radio Reference database so that repeater inputs are no longer viewable unless you are a premium member. I have made numerous database submissions and have also been a live feed supplier in the past and now you want me to pay you guys a fee to view the input. Forget it. Good luck.
Rolf

PhillyPhoto

Band plan. Appears on the Site Details page. Premium subscription feature.

So is this truly a "premium" feature, not available to feed providers?

On a side note, for some reason I don't get the "Feed Provider" tag in the forums, even though it shows up in my account and under other feed providers in the forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-24 224156.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-24 224156.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 23

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Control channel frequencies end with a C. Why does it need to be a different color?

Because it already is a different color. It's just the poorly contrasting color choice that is the problem.

In case you didn't know, the average user of RR has coke bottles for eye glasses. Readability (also known as accessibility) is a factor -- it's not just a styling preference.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I noticed it as well but didn't want to make a first comment but I can see how it sucks for people who have a hard time distinguishing or visual impairments, my brother is color blind, I noticed it right away, whoa its darker, I get it, everyone should buy a premium and download everything into their scanners from a program so it shouldn't matter. I kind of like the dark red, maybe a shade brighter tho for the visually impaired. Color is the first thing people notice besides the little c

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So is this truly a "premium" feature, not available to feed providers?

On a side note, for some reason I don't get the "Feed Provider" tag in the forums, even though it shows up in my account and under other feed providers in the forum.
Yes, P25 band plans are only available to premium users. As a feed provider, you should quality as long as you're logged in. Is your feed anonymous? You may not see the Feed Provider badge if so.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
... I can see how it sucks for people who have a hard time distinguishing or visual impairments ...
At the risk of beating something minor to death, my (corrected) vision is fine. I can distinguish single degree differences of hue (in HSV). The point of the different color is to make it easy to distinguish, not just possible, which I (and others) just don't believe it is currently.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Kevin - there is an issue as of the latest DB update with the Service type of Aircraft.

Thread here - just jump to the end.

Audio is imported as Digital / Dmr. Previous was search, but analog would work as well.

Not sure if it is a RDDB issue or Uniden.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Kevin - there is an issue as of the latest DB update with the Service type of Aircraft.

Audio is imported as Digital / Dmr. Previous was search, but analog would work as well.

Not just Uniden, it affects Proscan also. @phask I tagged Blantonl in the other thread for you SDS200: - Unable to receive aircraft

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

Unfortunately I have absolutely nothing to do with the RR database. I'm just a lowly volunteer moderator.

Jonwojcik

Premium Subscriber
So on a suggestion from Jabbeaux, I'm going to drop this here...

I have downloaded the system and sites from the Radio Reference database. I've never had an issue importing this using the Unication PPS to import systems and sites from the RR database into the Unication G5 before, until now, after the website was updated. I'm getting an "input string was not in a correct format" error. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
So on a suggestion from Jabbeaux, I'm going to drop this here...

I have downloaded the system and sites from the Radio Reference database. I've never had an issue importing this using the Unication PPS to import systems and sites from the RR database into the Unication G5 before, until now, after the website was updated. I'm getting an "input string was not in a correct format" error. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
I think all these import software issues have been fixed (they were separate from the new database rollout)

Jonwojcik

Premium Subscriber
I think all these import software issues have been fixed (they were separate from the new database rollout)
I tried the radio reference import in the Unication PPs and it worked without a hitch. I'm going to try removing the "c" from the control channels in the CSV export and see if that fixes the issue on that method.

Thanks!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Because it already is a different color. It's just the poorly contrasting color choice that is the problem.

In case you didn't know, the average user of RR has coke bottles for eye glasses. Readability (also known as accessibility) is a factor -- it's not just a styling preference.
What I might do is just move us to using a dark blue shade for control channels (what was previously the alternate color). It will look much better. We'll get 4000 complaints about all the alternate control channels now, which they aren't, but people will think they are, but a year from now it won't be a difference. Let me give this some thought.

Edit: or maybe even a green! now that will throw some people for a loop!