RS 20-047 driver CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

I must be an idiot, but has anyone else had any problems loading the driver disc for the USB cable (20-247) onto their computer? I thought I followed the instructions correctly. As far as I can tell, I dont have it on my computer, and when I try to re-install nothing comes up when I put the CD in. I never even had the "browse for driver" button show up. (step3 on the instruction sheet). I am running XP(this is going to be used with a Pro-96), does anyone have any suggestions? This is the USB cable----my RS doesnt carry the serial port cable, and actually said that the SKU was invalid for it. Anyway, if anybody has some suggestions or tips , I would be very grateful! I want to get WIN96----soon! Thanks Mike

n2mdk

Hi Mike
There is no correct, it is what it is, every computer is different. On one system of mine it's 4 on the other it's 5.
As long as it shows up it's installed correctly.

Haley

Jerri, thank you VERY much for the help! It just installed so easy, that I thought there must be more to it. Thanks again, Mike

Haley

My computer keeps saying I dont have Winzip, is that possible? Its a 120GB (with practically nothing on it) HP. Its about 5 years old----I guess I just assumed it had that. When I go to download, the manager shows 0 bytes, then I go to unzip the file----and my computer says I do not have winzip installed. Does that make sense or sound possible? I am not a computer expert! Anyone with any ideas? Jerri was right though the computer says it recognizes the USB cable on port 4. Mike

Haley

Jerri, thank you again---for pointing me in the right direction. I will try the link, and hopefully that will work. Mike

JohnNDenver

Driver issue

Use windows Explorer to look at the file on the CD.
COPY this file into the C:\ CD file that you loaded from the RS

Then the program will find it

I had that same program when I started

Haley

Thanks for the info John. I think I may have it, it is showing up on my desktop as 2000047, a temp. file. As I said before, I am not all that good with the computers(has to do with my paitence)! So if it shows up on my desktop, do I just plug in the USB cable to my 96? I really want to get this thing working so I can get WIN96, because I am taking a trip (driving) to NC from Iowa----and plan to put it to use! Any more help or suggestions are welcome, thanks Mike

n2mdk

You plug the cable into the computer if it shows up in Device Manager and has assigned the COM port # your set to go. Plug the cable into the Pro-96 you tell Win96 which COM port it's using at that's it.
Where in Iowa are you going, I live in IA.

Haley

Jerri, I actually live in Iowa. Over by Marshalltown. I am going to NC. Just moved my dad out there a couple of months ago, so my wife and I are going to take a trip out to see him. Well I think I am ready to go try the 30day trial for WIN96 and see what happens. I only have DSP1.3 on my 96, that shouldnt matter should it? Thanks for all the help, Mike

n2mdk

The DSP won't matter, I read what you wrote wrong OK your one county over from me.

Haley

Well, I am doing the trial----and everything is great. I WILL be getting WIN96, lots of nice features. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.