RS 20-104 Triple Trunking channel readout

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4TOM

Is there any way to read the freq, id tag, channel number, etc, of each freq in memory in this scanner? I want to know whatever is requjired to have it read (in steps) each freq and info associated with it.. Is there software I can purchase to doiwnload all channel info to my computer? I have User's Guide, but it does not address what I need.
Once, when I changed batteries, the screen came up and I was able to press the 'up & down' arrows and it read out each channel and info as I stepped through with the arrows. Never been able to do that again! It would really be nice if I could download the info to my PC and print it out!!! JustTom@cox.net

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmmm....a Google search shows that SKU to belong to a PRO-23 which is not a trunking scanner. I would check the inside of the battery compartment - sometimes the correct model number is on the battery cover, if that's a handheld, or on a sticker on the back of the set, if it's a base model.

Even a pic would be a help...once we have that, finding the software is a cinch with our wiki...best regards..Mike

wmbio

It looks like an older, Circa 1990 handheld as Mike suggests
When you turn the unit on do you see it scanning in the display window? Is the KEYPAD LOCK turned on, if so press & hold down that button for about 2 seconds and you can regain control of the up/down buttons and keypad after you press manual to stop scanning.

Enjoy
Wmbio

KC4TOM

Hi Tks for reply........
I'm looking at the RadioShack nomenclature sticker on back of this hand-held and it indicates "Cat. No. 20-=164" and below that "Pro-164 Scanning Receiver" Serial no. 070802. There is nothing inside the battery compartment. Yes, I can see and hear the unit scanning. I just want to know how to print out the freqs and id tags to my computer.......

Status
Not open for further replies.