RS Blowing out Pro96 and 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
mreed1232 said:
Radio Shack has a program were corporate stores can get a table at a Hamfest and sell product at a price lower than the price at the store. There is no official price tag so the store probably just used clearance tags because they could make them easier. There is a new digital scanner but the Pro 96 and 2096 are active items.

Mike

A Radio shack Manager

What can you tell us about this new digital scanner?

caffman263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng74
I bet it is the GRE 500 and 600 retaged for RS.
abqscan said:
Ding! You win! 4Q this year :cool:
How sure are you about this? That would be great. I've been wanting one, and planned on getting it around then anyway, but if it's RS branded I can get it cheaper :eek:

kevins669

Database Admin
loumaag said:
It is my understanding (in regard to GRE->RS branded) that you will see RS branded PSR-500/600 scanners down the road in a bit. I cannot say or give any more detail than that.

You are correct, Lou. Look for RS to offer the 500 and 600 for sale on their website very soon.

RS versions in store by 4th quarter; they already have assigned SKUs.

-- Kevin

Michael-SATX

So what are the new RS/branded sku's for the 500 & 600 ?

So what are the new RS assigned SKUs for the RS/branded versions of the 500 & 600 ?

A serious question, considering the economy and too many different models of scanners
Why have both ... IMO ~ RS needs to just offer about 6 scanners to cover the market.
Shoving less "just slightly different" models on the market would make more RS sense !
Also, less inventory to have to stock at around 5,000 stores and more profit right :))
$99 Basic HH/Base + $199 nice analog 164/163 + $499 nice digitals ie 500/600 models.

Opps ~ Am I showing any GREat branded bias here - it's just that scanner sales are
VERY slow the days + GRE has a better sales and popularity with Radio Shack.
I would be totally way cool with keeping the Uniden Pro-137 racing scanner
and several other Unidens on D2U order status like the nice 396 and 996 models :)

kevins669 said:
You are correct, Lou. Look for RS to offer the 500 and 600 for sale on their website very soon.

RS versions in store by 4th quarter; they already have assigned SKUs.

-- Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.