RS done with scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj61

Scanners, Patrol Scanners & Handheld Scanners | RadioShack

also Whistler will be releasing new scanners later this year.
PRO-652 - identical to the previous PRO-197 model. Digital trunking full coverage base scanner
PRO-651 - identical to the previous PRO-106 model. Digital trunking full coverage handheld scanner
PRO-650 - identical to the previous PRO-405 model. Analog base scanner, 25-512 MHz only
PRO-649 - identical to the previous PRO-404 model. Analog handheld scanner, 25-512 MHz only

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

And that assumes Radio Shack doesn't go bankrupt. As you've seen in other threads, Radio Shack is in severe financial difficulty and the share price is at an all time low.

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

And that assumes Radio Shack doesn't go bankrupt. As you've seen in other threads, Radio Shack is in severe financial difficulty and the share price is at an all time low.

This is probably the greater worry ..... I think Radio Shack will get replaced by Phone Shack then you should be able to get a Scanner app at the bare minimum.

radchuck03

Premium Subscriber
RS done selling scanners?

I don't think RadioShack is done selling scanners. They were very heavily dependent on GRE to produce their product. I think what they may be doing is waiting for the Whistler group to come out with their units. Then you will probably see them back on the shelves. My local RadioShack store in town was selling the Uniden scanners. But as of lately, I haven't seen any for sale. Recently, I have gone online to eBay to make my purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.