RS DX-392 ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

I was hoping someone might have an idea on whats going on with my 392.Usually post in the scanner sections, so stay with me. After a couple of years I decided to get some of my SW radios out (listening to scanners mostly) , I took out my 392 put batteries in it and nothing, just the flashing E.

I have tested all batteries(all new ), 3AAs and 4 Ds, all are good. I have re-set the radio. I have used a wall wart, and everything was fine. Contacts "look" clean. Is there anything else you guys can think of that I should try? Its kind of irritating, this radio was never my favorite ( I also use a DX398, and a YB550PE), but It was always a decent performer. Anyway I am open to any suggestions, Thanks Mike

SCPD

QRT
Is the wall-wart you're using a 6v adapter with its TIP set to NEGATIVE? Most are POSITIVE these days so that might be my guess.

If you tried it with a positive tip, you might have damage the radio.

EDIT: There looks to be a RESET hole in the battery compartment. You can try using a paper clip to RESET the radio. Perhaps that may help.

Last edited:

Haley

Thanks for the quick reply Nick. I did make sure the tip and voltage were correct (I have always been real careful with that). I also did the paperclip re-set , actually 3X. And I still have the same problem. Its kind of strange actually. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.