RS firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

So, is anyone else still patiently waiting for the 1.8 firmware update for the RS 106/197? I had sent an email when the GRE firmware was released, expecting a reply, but not a firmware update for quite a while and have yet to receive a reply from RS. It sure would be nice to have the patch tracking ability.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
The reply I was given was that they are aware of the GRE update but have no time for the RS release. Nice huh considering that we paid 500.00 plus for these scanners.

Last edited:

jak122

So does that mean the updates offered by GRE for the 500/600 are not readily available for download to the Radio Shack 106/197?
I don't understand how this works, but is it not possible to go right to the GRE site and download to your RS equivalent?

I'm certainly missing something here and I'd like to know what because I have two RS branded GRE scanners that are going to be obsolete if Rat Shack keeps it up.

sorry to rant, tell me I'm wrong

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
So does that mean the updates offered by GRE for the 500/600 are not readily available for download to the Radio Shack 106/197?
I don't understand how this works, but is it not possible to go right to the GRE site and download to your RS equivalent?

I'm certainly missing something here and I'd like to know what because I have two RS branded GRE scanners that are going to be obsolete if Rat Shack keeps it up.

sorry to rant, tell me I'm wrong

GRE makes the updates and gives them to RS. However the GRE updates are not compatible with the RS scanners. The email i receved from RS says they are currently "testing" the update. I guess it just takes a couple months to "test" a few upgrades:roll:

Astrak

GRE makes the updates and gives them to RS. However the GRE updates are not compatible with the RS scanners. The email i receved from RS says they are currently "testing" the update. I guess it just takes a couple months to "test" a few upgrades:roll:

I guess "testing" is better than nothing. It'll probably be like last update, and take a few weeks/months for the update to be available on the RS website.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
<sarcasm>Wouldn't want to trust the manufacturer of the scanner......... why would THEY thoroughly test before releasing it.......</sarcasm>

cfr301

Note To MODS 3 Forums on this can we combine? Make a Sticky? and Maybe send out Twitter alert? This Effects Lots of Users.

cfr301

how do i download the firmware updates to the scanner ?

Download onto your computer. Click on the download Follow the directions in the Download, You must have a USB Cable for your Scanner hooked to your computer and know what com port it is using.

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
dont know if this is the right place to ask but whats a (DSP Firmware Upgrade 1.4) i upgraded firmware CPU 1.8 that went fine sorry new to upgradeing scanners never had to befor

jack103

Premium Subscriber
So when will we get Encryption MUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
So when will we get Encryption MUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm... mine has always had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.