RS Mag Mount RSU Part Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
OK all you Radio Shack Melvins out there! I need some help. My RS Mag Mount Scanner Antenna finally gave out. The connection in the base is no longer connected, and since the base is formed plastic, I am unable to get inside to re-solder the connection. So, your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to come up with an RSU part number for the base. The kid at RS was very nice, DIDN'T try to sell me a cellphone, but was unable to come up with the part number. My sincerest thanks to all who participate.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
does anyone of the whip or whole antenna they don't want? I don't want to buy one but if someone has a junk one sitting around they want to get rid of it would be nice to use for parts. i was thinking of grinding down the bottom element to fit the part that holds a whip on a 1/4 wave NMO antenna. i'm curious how it would work with a real mount.

Eric Burris, KC0LDT

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
does anyone of the whip or whole antenna they don't want? I don't want to buy one but if someone has a junk one sitting around they want to get rid of it would be nice to use for parts. i was thinking of grinding down the bottom element to fit the part that holds a whip on a 1/4 wave NMO antenna. i'm curious how it would work with a real mount.

Eric Burris, KC0LDT

I had the same idea if I can't get the replacement base. The bottom whip is thicker than the rest of the antenna. I may go with an NMO magnet mount and drill out the hole to fit, assuming it doesn't weaken it too much.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I had the same idea if I can't get the replacement base. The bottom whip is thicker than the rest of the antenna. I may go with an NMO magnet mount and drill out the hole to fit, assuming it doesn't weaken it too much.
heck i would do now. why waste time with RS crap anyways. Mine crapped out yrs ago and the magnet came off and inside was all rusted. i eventually threw the antenna away as every time i move the wife wants me to get rid of junk. now i'm disgusted i threw the whip away. i don't like RS junk but i love to tinker. i want to compare it to other "real" antennas to see how it holds up. last i remember it didn't work worth a hoot on UHF and 800mhz.

Eric Burris kc0ldt

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Here Ya Go!

Eric;
As luck would have it,I just bought one yesterday. The parts list is on the back of the package. Here is the whole thing just in case you or anyone else needs it.

Base Assembly: 810225-200
Lower Rod : 101013-5
Bottom Coil Assembly: 810225-902
Center Whip: 100051-25
Top coil assembly: 810225-901
Top whip assembly: 500821-5

Manny

hoser147

Eric;
As luck would have it,I just bought one yesterday. The parts list is on the back of the package. Here is the whole thing just in case you or anyone else needs it.

Base Assembly: 810225-200
Lower Rod : 101013-5
Bottom Coil Assembly: 810225-902
Center Whip: 100051-25
Top coil assembly: 810225-901
Top whip assembly: 500821-5

Manny

What Color??:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.