RS older USB Program Cable still low price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Stopped by a local Radio Shack here in Atlanta and found they still carry the older USB programming cables (20-047) for $7.69. I picked up 2. Beats paying $34 for the new version. The 047 is not listed on the web site but 3 local stores had plenty.

KC0CSE

20-047 Cable

just did a search on my local RS...no luck in finding the 20-047.....I to would like to have one....I'm not paying there $34.00 bucks they want for the other one...if you want to sell one let me know....I can paypal you...Mike in KC ( It will work for the PRO 106 will it not?)

PRO 106

Last edited:

Bucko

just did a search on my local RS...no luck in finding the 20-047.....I to would like to have one....I'm not paying there $34.00 bucks they want for the other one...if you want to sell one let me know....I can paypal you...Mike in KC ( It will work for the PRO 106 will it not?)

PRO 106

Yes it will work the 160 & 197..

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Got one in San Francisco, this store has two more.

What computer program can I use with this cable and my Pro-162? I use Freescan for my uniden scanners.

N1BHH

Stopped by a local Radio Shack here in Atlanta and found they still carry the older USB programming cables (20-047) for $7.69. I picked up 2. Beats paying $34 for the new version. The 047 is not listed on the web site but 3 local stores had plenty.

You'll still find some kicking around the various stores. Depending on the store you could find none at one store, and the one on the other side of town will have 15 available. Usually when someone wanders in off the street who wants a scanner, they don't realize they might need a programming cable, and the salesperson don't really push it because they don't have a clue, so the store ends up with an excess of cables and no scanners.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
I went to three stores, finally found one store where the inventory showed three. Nobody knew where they were stored until they found the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.