RS PRO-106

Alan47933

I am attempting to manually program using ARC500 for Indiana SAFE-T system. I have the trunk systems with frequencies and talk groups set up however the scanner is not receiving. I have tried MOT800/900, P25 manual and P25 AUTO, none of which works. What am I missing? TIA

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am attempting to manually program using ARC500 for Indiana SAFE-T system. I have the trunk systems with frequencies and talk groups set up however the scanner is not receiving. I have tried MOT800/900, P25 manual and P25 AUTO, none of which works. What am I missing? TIA
I have ARC500 also. If you attach your gr5 programming file, I will check it for errors. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

Alan47933

I'm not figuring that out. My options say "compress and email" or "compress to the titled folder and email" I get error message using either one. I've never compressed files before.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'll take a look at your file. Here is the programming file I created. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file (Montgomery Co IN.gr5) with ARC500. Go to the Scanner tab and click on Upload to Scanner. Scan lists as follows:

SCAN LISTS:
1. MontCo Interop
2. MontCo Emerg Ops
3. MontCo Fire
4. MontCo Sheriff
5. Crawfordsvl Fire
6. Crawfordsvl PD
7. IN State Police

Attachments

• Montgomery Co IN.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 5

KI2K

Premium Subscriber
Hi Alan- greetings from Avon! I can’t help, but I do have the same scanner, so noticed your post. Just saying hello to a nearby scanner hobbyist.

-Lee

tvengr

Well Known Member
ARC500 is soooo much different than SCANCAT that I have been unable to get support for.
You will be able to look at the file I created to see the proper way to program a system using ARC500. Please let me know if you have any questions. Butel regularly monitors these forums and will frequently jump in to answer questions. You can also contact Butel tech support by email and they will answer your questions in a timely manner.