RS PRO-107 Database or Firmware Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1rc

Hi All...

I recently acquired a RADIO SHACK PRO-107 which is essentially a GRE-700 scanner. Does anyone know where I might get the latest database and software updates?

thanks in advance,....

Michael, W1RC

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Check this thread:

w1rc

Someone sent me this link:

it looks like the library database for the PCR-800 and I am wondering if it is the same for the PCR-700 which is the same scanner as my PRO-107. The format looks the same.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Someone sent me this link:

it looks like the library database for the PCR-800 and I am wondering if it is the same for the PCR-700 which is the same scanner as my PRO-107. The format looks the same.
According to the warnings on that page:

**IMPORTANT**
This software is intended for use with scanners that have been upgraded through our legacy scanner upgrade program only. Attempting to update a scanner that has not been upgraded will cause the scanner to stop functioning.

Available downloads for upgraded Pro-18, Pro-668, PSR-800:

I would say not.

w1rc

The database file seems to be the same format as the files on my computer and on the SD card. Here is the answer:

Whistler_Support said:
For those experiencing Library update issues with the GRE and RadioShack pc apps, you can download the WS1080 EZ Scan pc app and update the library then copy the contents of the DB folder to the the DB folder for your GRE or Radio Shack pc app. This takes about 1 minute.

For those that do not want to install the WS1080 EZ Scan pc app, you can go to the download page at Downloads and select the WS1080, there you will find a Library_dbfiles_###.zip file that can be downloaded. Once downloaded you will need to unzip the file then copy the contents into the DB folder of your pc app. Updated Library versions will be posted weekly.

I also found this link while looking around......

Last edited:

w1rc

The old HRE America web site is still active (as of May 29th 2021). Apparently, Raj who was one of the principals is keeping it up,with downloadable manuals and software,

The last version of the programming software for them PRO-107 is v1.06. So between the Whistler and the GRE America site we should be okay with this and the digital version PSR-108.

Status
Not open for further replies.