RS Pro-163 Antenna help

Status
Not open for further replies.

antman157

I have installed the bracket in my car .. I want to add an external antenna to my car trunk (2001 Civic)

What kind of antenna would I need to add ... Something like a CB antenna thats coaxial? Or is there a special kind of antenna I would need..

Please help and thank you

PS -- If you have pics please post

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Any antenna will have coax from the antenna to the radio. There are many mobile scanner antennas on the market. Diamond, Comet, and Hi-Gain are some of the many manufactures. Scanner World, Scanner Master, Radio Shack, and Universal Radio are just some of the retailers that sell mobile scanner antennas.

antman157

Are magnet mount antennas good for cars? Or would a drilled mount be better .. I dont really want to drill through my trunk lid .. But then again I dont want my antenna clipped and stolen

Suggestions?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I have not seen any difference between magnet mount, Door/Trunk lip mount or hole mountet antennas. Magnet mount antennas can scratch the paint. Using a door/trunk/hatch no hole mount has worked very well for me on the scanner antenna and the amateur & GMRS two-way radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.