rs pro-163

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

i know it's still early in the game.has anyone had the display go out with the new rs pro-163.i'm not looking for a repeat of the pro-2055's stellar performance.......NOT.i really do not want to buy another stinkin' rat shack scanner,but the signal stalker is better than uniden's close call.

rchalupajr

I have not heard of any problem's with the 163 display. If you don't want to buy from Radio Shack, you can go with the GRE PSR 400. You might even save a few buck's.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
rchalupajr said:
I have not heard of any problem's with the 163 display. If you don't want to buy from Radio Shack, you can go with the GRE PSR 400. You might even save a few buck's.

If you don't want to buy the Radio Shack PRO-163 because there might be a display problem then why would you want to buy the GRE PSR-400 since they are made by the same company (GRE AMERICA)?

No, There has not been any report of display problems with the PRO-163 scanner.

scannersnstuff

radio shack suck's lemon's.film at 11

thank you both.yes i was aware that the pro-2055 was mfg.by gre.to start the ball rolling i was not happy with some of radio shack's policy's.then i got my pro-2055.i am a self admitted flip flopper between r.s. and uniden,and now gre.so far i love my psr-500 !.had my pro-2055 for 2 year's.best friggin' audio i ever heard from a base scanner.suddenly my display went bad.not being a real techno.radio type,i elected to sell at a cheap price.i had been waiting for the pro-160 to come out.so far nadda.so to make a already long story longer,i went to rat shack.i plunked down money for a pro-433.am not crazy about the no pl/dpl/alpha-tag's.my niece's gave me a $50.00 gift card for the holiday's.when the clerk ran the card,he found it had a $0.00 balance.mind you,this was a brand new card,never even taken from the gift card envelope.the clerk acually had to scrape the back of the card to get the serial number.well after about an hour of dumb ass excuse's and look's the manager say's "i'll have to call corporate.are you sure you never used the card ?".after a week i called the manager.his answer was" come in,corporate has not called us back to verify if you used the card.we've had so many lay off's there's probably nobody working".big surprise,with they way those clown's do buisness !!!!!. the district sale's manager told him to make good on my card.when i asked the manager if he could float me a gift certificate for my inconvienience,my answer was "no,we already discounted it $50.00". i said "that's a given".i really don't have much interest in anymore dealing's with radio shack.thank's for the rant.

CStarr59

Well, everyone is entitled to make mistakes and it's a part of life. RS is a very good company that has many good products (and a few bad). They sell some great scanners (pro-433) and many others. This is a very tough time for everyone with the economy in a major down turn and it effects every part of retail business. We all need to do our part and weather out this storm. Im not trying to take sides, just expressing my opinion and hopefully RS will survive this economic down turn. Everyone is entitled to a second chance.

scannersnstuff

cstarr59.not trying to be argumentative in the least.you would think that with the time's being the way they are,they would strive to keep on top.to be fair,uniden has come out with a few flop's too.to name just one.the infamous early version bc898t that could not decode dpl's. you would think they would check this crap before it leave's the factory.i can see a few flaw's in a low end scanner.when you plunk down nearly $550.00 for a digital scanner,you kind of expect a decent product.i have a kenwood tk-2170 that i plunked down less on than a digital scanner.i have not a bad thing to say about it.it's worked as expected since the day i got it.thank you for your optimistic view.

Status
Not open for further replies.