RS Pro 197 Cloning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

routeboy

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a, what looks like , a new in box RS Pro 197. I've been looking for a good quality one for a while after seeing one in a customer of mine's office. I went to ask him who programmed his and he said the gentleman has pasted away. I read where the Pro 197 can be cloned and I've programmed over or more Motorola Radios and have also cloned a many. The Pro 197 , to me , looks a lot more complicated. I was wondering where I could find some detailed instructions on how to clone my customers to mine. I'm just South of Chattanooga, TN in a little town called Chickamauga, GA if anymore might be able to refer someone to see in my area.
David

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums! The procedure is quite simple. Source here...

Cloning/Uploading/Downloading
You can clone your PSR 500/600 or Pro-106/651/197/652 to any other PSR 500/600 or Pro-106651//197/652 using just a 1/8" stereo audio patch cord.​
To Clone from one scanner to another, connect the stereo patch cord to the PC/IF jack on each scanner.
For the 'send' radio press PGM then GLOB. Press ▼ until Clone Send: is highlighted then press SEL.​

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Problem with cloning is yes your getting what is that scanner, but how long ago was it done? See what was updated here for the entire TN radio system, just last 30 updates shown in each.
Just an FYI its shown as phase II capable just an fyi if the agencies you want go that route, those scanners can't do phase II.

and the county Walker County, Georgia (GA) CSV and PDF Downloads

Really appears there has been a lot of updates, my advice is get it updated as your 'probably going to be missing out on some of the talkgroups, frequencies based on what I have seen in the updates.
I suppose you can clone it, but I'd look to update it definitely.

routeboy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much for the reply. True, the gentleman who originally programmed the scanner would come by periodically and do updates. Problem is, I don't know when the gentleman pasted away or the last update. I''ll just have to do a lot of reading and research. The Motorola radios I messed with, programmed and, changed hex codes when needed will be like a walk in the part from what I'm thing\king. Have a good week and thank you again.
David

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
According to the database, Walker County GA operates on Tennessee's Radio Network. The Pro 197 will not be able to track the TACN. You'll need a scanner that can handle P25 Phase-II. I'd recommend either the Uniden SDS100 (handheld) or SDS200 (base) to overcome potential simulcast distortion issues while tracking this system or others with simulcast cells.
1629073049848.png

tvengr

Well Known Member
Although the TACN system is Phase 2 capable, the database shows that the Hamilton and Walker County talkgroups, except for Hamilton County Jail and Juvenile Detention Center, are currently Phase 1 which can be received by the Pro-197.

routeboy

Premium Subscriber
According to the database, Walker County GA operates on Tennessee's Radio Network. The Pro 197 will not be able to track the TACN. You'll need a scanner that can handle P25 Phase-II. I'd recommend either the Uniden SDS100 (handheld) or SDS200 (base) to overcome potential simulcast distortion issues while tracking this system or others with simulcast cells.
View attachment 108040
The customer I think I mentioned earlier has the Pro 197. That's what prompted me to get this model. His Pro 197 gets everything in Walker, County, Catoosa County, Cities of Fort Oglethorpe, Rossville, Chickamauga, etc. This is Police, fire, rescue, State Patrol. My goal is to eventually learn the system and do the updates myself. I feel I have a long road ahead of me. LOL Thank you again for your replies and input.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.