RS Pro 197 Re-banding- not understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

1991fxrc

Premium Subscriber
I Have recently received 2 posts concerning utilizing RF data base down loads & the ARC 500 software to correct re-banding issues and I am very appreciative of this assistance. However after considerable review of all the processes involved, ( import, upload, download, etc., ), I have concluded that since I have very little computer understanding, ( no understanding of software, downloading, etc. ), that this is something that I simply do not understand how to do. I have never attempted this before and simply do not feel comfortable attempting this. Therefor, as in my previous post dated 01/16, if anyone knows of anyone, ( individual or repair firm ) within reasonable driving distance of Queen Anne's Co., Md., that I could take the scanner to, and pay to have this done, it would be appreciated. It seems a shame to have a scanner not 2 years old, but is on the verge of going to the dumpster. Thank You.

shadcall

You may want to ask one of the moderators to move your post to the Maryland forum. There is a better chance of finding someone there than in the RS forum. To get them to move just click on the triangle in the upper right hand corner to "report" your post. It has a vertical line inside the triangle. This way you will avoid cross posting which is not allowed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't know of anyone who does this in Maryland - but I will suggest this get moved, not to the Maryland forum, but to the Scanner software programming forum, where someone familiar with ARC500 can walk you through the steps. It can't be all that tough to do...stretch yourself a little.

Mike

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Help Provided

I Have recently received 2 posts concerning utilizing RF data base down loads & the ARC 500 software to correct re-banding issues and I am very appreciative of this assistance. However after considerable review of all the processes involved, ( import, upload, download, etc., ), I have concluded that since I have very little computer understanding, ( no understanding of software, downloading, etc. ), that this is something that I simply do not understand how to do. I have never attempted this before and simply do not feel comfortable attempting this. Therefor, as in my previous post dated 01/16, if anyone knows of anyone, ( individual or repair firm ) within reasonable driving distance of Queen Anne's Co., Md., that I could take the scanner to, and pay to have this done, it would be appreciated. It seems a shame to have a scanner not 2 years old, but is on the verge of going to the dumpster. Thank You.

Please, check your Private Messages. I wrote to you about this.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since you've asked for someone in Maryland to program your scanner, I've moved the thread to the Maryland forum. Hopefully you can get your scanner programmed or somebody can supply you with files for your scanner and walk you through the steps to program it.

kc4jgc

On ARC500, go to OBJECT BROWSER, then click on Trunk Systems.
A list of systems will appear. click on the system you want to reband.
Double click on the Frequencies block on that row. A new window will appear showing the systems freqs.
Click on OPTIONS>REBANDING CALCULATOR.
Verify the shift field says "-15 MHz". Click on "Apply", the "OK" on the freq list.
Lastly, Click "File>Save".

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Those instructions are fine if the OP already had the original frequencies for Queen Anne's and needed to reband them. It very much sounds like he doesn't - so he needs to know how to use the web import which would get the right freqs and set up the rebanding tables by itself.

Hopefully someone has already helped him with that (I think someone has) - we didn't even go into the USB cable part yet, which is yet another step....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.