RS Pro-197 reband need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnydog1

Premium Subscriber
I have a radio shack pro-197 and scan the the viper system for cumberland county nc that has been rebanded what do I need to do to get back to scanning? Do I need to update the scanner firmware if so how? I;am going to download the frequencies from radio reference with arc500. I;am not very good at this kind of stuff so any help would be great thanks.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I have a radio shack pro-197 and scan the the viper system for cumberland county nc that has been rebanded what do I need to do to get back to scanning? Do I need to update the scanner firmware if so how? I;am going to download the frequencies from radio reference with arc500. I;am not very good at this kind of stuff so any help would be great thanks.

I am not very good at Arc 500 but I know with Win 500 if you just make a new file it will add the rebanding automaticly using the RR data base.
I just got a off the shelf 197 today and loaded my data base from win 500 with the NC Viper system and it works fine

sunnydog1

Premium Subscriber
I am not very good at Arc 500 but I know with Win 500 if you just make a new file it will add the rebanding automaticly using the RR data base.
I just got a off the shelf 197 today and loaded my data base from win 500 with the NC Viper system and it works fine

Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Once you get a premium subscription so you can download, the tables, if needed, will be set up by the software. You need do nothing else - no firmware fixes, ect.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.