RS Pro-197 Remanufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8HDU

The Dayton Hamvention is over, and I heard two guys talking mobile to mobile on 146.52 as they drive home about someone possibly picking up the Pro-197 and making them again.

I gathered from the conversation there was some sort of discussion at the Hamvention. I sat this year out.

This seems optimistic at best, but given the way some companies make things for other companies it seems like it could be plausible. Anyone know for sure?

I like my Pro-197 and it would be interesting to know if they will make another run of them.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The Dayton Hamvention is over, and I heard two guys talking mobile to mobile on 146.52 as they drive home about someone possibly picking up the Pro-197 and making them again.

I gathered from the conversation there was some sort of discussion at the Hamvention. I sat this year out.

This seems optimistic at best, but given the way some companies make things for other companies it seems like it could be plausible. Anyone know for sure?

I like my Pro-197 and it would be interesting to know if they will make another run of them.

The PRO197 was made by GRE, their version was the PSR600. GRE went out of business quite some time ago and all of their IP for their scanner line was purchased by Whistler.

The PRO197 is now manufactured by Whistler as their model WS1065. It has been available in retail markets for quite some time now.

https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/product-catalog-us/radio-scanner/ws1065-scanner-radio.html

QDP2012

The Pro197 was manufactured by GRE. GRE is gone, out of business. The Pro197 is no longer being produced under that model number.
The Radio Shack: Pro652 is manufactured by Whistler. It is functionally the same unit, just given a new model number because Whistler bought GRE's product-line, and produces them now.

Edit: fxdscon typed faster than me. :)

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.