RS Pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

I'm trying to connect a professional uhf magmount antenna to the Bnc tip but I need an adapter. Does anyone know what kind I need?

cg

Premium Subscriber
adapter is likely mini UHF female (looks similar to cable TV) to BNC male.

chris

KB1UAM

Cg is correct its a small connector that sort of looks like a cable TV wire with a small copper spike in the middle with threads inside. I don't know the name of the piece sorry. Still learning about ham radio

amusement

Probably a SMA connector on the antenna. A SMA (female) to BNC connector (male).

cg

Premium Subscriber
All the commercial radio antenna mounts I have dealt with come with no end so they can be cut to length. Motorola uses Mini UHF antenna connectors.
Try GENTLY connecting it to a cable TV fitting. If it looks like it should fit but doesn't, it is almost certainly a Mini UHF.
SMA is what is on your 396XT scanner. F is CATV connector.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
YOU are the one with the antenna. You describe it as a " professional uhf magmount antenna" but give no photos or real description of the connector. You are given several answers, then ask the same question again, "What is the name?"
The name is......

FRED

Just go into a professional radio shop and say you need "FRED". If they happen to have a person named Fred, show him the antenna and ask him to give you a name.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.