RS pro 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timelord

I have one of these wonderful units, old but sounds great. Several of my friends have said to move on to the newer models. I do have a newer (newer than the 2006), but an older model RS trunck tracker. I still prefer llistening to the 2006.
Question, is it worth keeping? Or move on. Thanks!

-a

Bucko

This fine old radio still has a value as in listening to conventional, as in UHF aero and public service. If you prefer it then I would keep on using it, like most of us here we run more than one scanner any way.

mikeh

great radio

like me my wife says i just get better with age
HA HA HA just kidding . i also have 2 2006
and the senity still still right with some of new unit great radio

consys

Premium Subscriber
I still prefer llistening to the 2006

Ditto! The PRO-92 got me trunking, the 396T has alot of glitz, but as a radio niether one comes close to the '06.

The '06 here will only be retired here when: there isn't any thing non digital left, it dies, or I die.

May we all live on!

mcema699

Ye Ole '06

You probably wouldn't get that much for it anyway.

Its one of the few still around that has a completely seperate tape out jack, ie not controlled by the volume control as in Uniden.

The sound switch lets me get rid of the sub audible signal on the local LTR Multinet. Won't get rid of the buses and power depts during the day, but at night works better than nothing for local PD and FD.

I still have a 16 ch crystal RS in the bedroom. Start your own scanner museum !

rbm

I have almost a dozen PRO-2006 scanners here. They're real work horses for conventional frequencies..

If you check the final sale prices for them on ebay, you'll see that more often than not, they go for more than $100. Sometimes a lot more. Just did a quick search there and found 9 of them for sale. Don't be fooled by the low prices. The price normally jumps quite a bit in the last few minutes. You'll have to watch a few to see what they finally go for. I did get a few of them for a good price when every one else must have been sleeping.

prtsman

Ive had one of these that i bought from a guy that got hit with lightning! Got it cheap and fixed it fast. Probably the best product Ive used in many years. I use this every day and would advise anyone to use one if they dont need digital..Plenty of mods and tricks and it lasts and lasts.....

captncarp

Pro 2006

Still use mine for railroads, ships and fire dept's. Works just fine and sounds great. I did replace the display with a new one off ebay for ten bucks. Glad I did. I also have a Pro 2004 in service. I wouldn't part with either one of them.

trunker0205

Timelord said:
I have one of these wonderful units, old but sounds great. Several of my friends have said to move on to the newer models. I do have a newer (newer than the 2006), but an older model RS trunck tracker. I still prefer llistening to the 2006.
Question, is it worth keeping? Or move on. Thanks!

-a

That Radio has stood the test of time I have one in pristine condition and will never get rid of it..

bee

I also have one. Purchased abut 1994 and still works great! I have also considered selling it it, but for sentimential (sp) reasons I may keep it! I also have the 996, and the bct 15 and will purchase the handheld 500 gre, sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.