RS Pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible49

Help.....I have programmed all the freq's into one bank for a trunked Motorola system. I still get very little activity and I know I must need to program something differently but not sure what. It says MO at the top right but I read that I need to program it for trunking but not sure what is needed. Thanks

Bucko

If you have the bank plus the channels set for MO, and the correct freqs then it should trunk. I would suggest downloading Win96 and get a 20-047 PC interface cable to use to program your 2096, it will make things a lot easier. You said little activity, does that mean you are getting some Talk groups once and a while? What system are you programing in? What % are you getting on Control channels when you step through with the man key?

terrible49

I am not sure what those percentages mean but one says nothing on the bottom line and the other says00 to 74 %. Our area is aapco25 A couple of times some static comes in on the channels but nothing understandable. Do I have to program in the talkgroups or do they come up automatically? Bill

Bucko

If you are in open mode it will show the TG's when one comes up and hit trunk to enter them into a sub bank if you wish to do so ( if you plan on listening to that TG in closed mode later ). With Apco25 there is no static with the voice, either you have it or you don't for it will chop up if the siganl is weak where as FM will get static when the signal is weak ( there will be DG in the upper right corner if a digital signal is received ). A 74% decode rate is not to bad but higher than that would be desired, you should have no problem with that CC though. You may need to go with an out door antenna if you are not already.

terrible49

Thanks

I am sure I have programmed something wrong. Not sure what. The scanner was working well from this location when i had put the trunking freq's in the first time but then I lost them by not saving them when i switched folders. This time i went to a clear bank and put all freqs in one bank. The first time I did nothing but put freq's anywhere i could find a clear channel. This time all in one bank. I found the 2096 cheat on this site but could not figure out the problem Thanks for your time.

Bill

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
terrible49 said:
It says MO at the top right but I read that I need to program it for trunking but not sure what is needed. Thanks
To set the bank for trunking:
Press PROG>TRUNK
Does line 3 indicate MOT: ? If it does, you have it set correctly. If it doesn't, press MODE until it does.

terrible49

Hi

Yes it does say Motorola.......not sure what the numbers above it mean.....but the first number was the bank it was on.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.