RS PRO-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

doogie63

I bought this cable
Amazon.com: USB Programming Cable For Yaesu Vertex VX-1R 2R 3R 5R 150 180 210 210A FT-40R 50R 60R Two Way Radio: Computers & Accessories

I have been downloading and trying all kinds of driver to get this to work with win95 and have been unable to get it to work.

does anyone have link to drivers I should be using?

Drivers I have now look like they should work but still unable to upload to radio, I get no error but nothing shows up on Pro-95 when done.

Device manager show up as

Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port(COM5)
with no errors

Driver Detail says:

Driver Provider: Prolific
Driver Date: 10/17/2013
Driver Version: 3.4.62.293

doogie63

Went out and bought RS cable now everything is working. Now time to learn how to program this thing.

doogie63

Yes I can program it with program call win95. Been playing around with it just need to learn something's. Under Channel tab I put in Frequency in Banks and Channels but I see a drop down asking type: Conv, MOT, or EDACS not sure which one to pick or for that matter what it means, New to this.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Conv is conventional channels, ie single channel like 156.225. Mot & EDACS are trunked systems using one control channel and multiple voice channels but you only have to put in the control. Best thing to do is check the Radio Reference database for what types of channels are being used in your area.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Unless you want to hear Fayetteville, NC state police, or the other trunked systems listed

doogie63

Still reading up on trunk system not sure at all how to enter that in win95. but reading and learning.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Two parts the control & alternate frequency and the talk groups. Talk groups tell you who is talking & cc or alt freq automatically takes you to the voice channels. If you leave the system open you hear everyone if you enter talk groups & close the bank you control who you hear or can lock out a user.

doogie63

Thanks for info now just need to figure out how all that goes into win95.
Its all fun just takes time.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the specs on the pro-50 from the RS website this is not a trunking scanner, so all your freqs are conventional, also you will not be able to pickup the 700 or 800 mhz band it's not covered by this scanner so you won't hear nc shp Viper. Saw a Bearcat scanner at pawn shop today with similar freqs for $15. About all you will hear is Hopemills PD, a few local & county fire/EMS freqs and the hospitals.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Either he is giving us the wrong model number or he is mistaken, I'm sure.

doogie63

Wow I messed up with title, must have been typing error.

I have Pro-95, sorry about that.

I don't see anyway to edit my first post

N8IAA

Wow I messed up with title, must have been typing error.

I have Pro-95, sorry about that.

I don't see anyway to edit my first post

You will not be able to program the VIPER P-25, Phase I system.
Your county sheriff, fire, and ems is on the digital system.

You will be able to program the Fayetteville Motorola system.

You will be able to program the EDACS system.

You will need to program all frequencies in for the Fayetteville system. The 95 is not CC only. MOT mode for the frequencies.

The EDACS system will need all the frequencies programmed into the corresponding channel/LCN numbered channel: Chan 01/LCN 01. ED mode for the frequencies.

I doubt that you will hear anything on the conventional frequencies. You may want to ask in the NC state forum.

The 95 is a really great EDACS scanner.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.