RS PRO 82 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
An older lady helps out at my local fire house has the model of scanner. Our county recently updated its frequencies so she asked me to program it for her. I went and put all of the new frequencies in (all conventional UHF/VHF/Low Band until our county goes UHF Digital) and when I go to scan the frequencies it clicks/gets stuck on our Fire/EMS Dispatch (453.4125), Med 9 (462.950) and Med 9 Reverse (467.950) I've cleared the memory and reentered the frequencies and I still have the issue. It has a AC power cord (set to the correct voltage) What could be the issue???

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Is it squelching when it locks on them? Check the Squelch knob, to see where that is at.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
It clicks/gets stuck on both sqeulched and even if I have the squelch turned all the way up it still does it.

N8IAA

If you go to the database, you'll see changes in the last 7 days to your county. It appears that there are some FD frequencies that have gone to P-25 conventional.
If you have a P-25 capable scanner, you may want to program the frequencies in without the PL/DPL's to see what you get.
May want to ask in the PA state forum for better answers.
HTH,
Larry

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
No, I'm aware of the upcoming changes, but my county is not using the UHF P25 yet. We are still using the conventional Frequencies.

N8IAA

No, I'm aware of the upcoming changes, but my county is not using the UHF P25 yet. We are still using the conventional Frequencies.

If you check the RR database, you will see frequencies that are P-25. Just because it hasn't been submitted yet, doesn't mean that the modes have changed. Just saying.
Have you checked in your state forum for info?
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.