Rs pro107

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens0510

Premium Subscriber
Good evening,
I stumbled upon a pro 107 for a cheap price. My question is will it work with the marcs system also more interest if will work with stark county frequencies. Thanks
Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The 107 is an analog only trunking scanner. MARCS is digital, I'm pretty sure, and Stark's system is a mix of analog/digital according to our database. It doesn't appear that this radio would be able to trunk very well.

i'm not in Ohio so I will let Ohio scannists - there are many - recommend something that will work...Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The 107 is an analog only trunking scanner. MARCS is digital, I'm pretty sure, and Stark's system is a mix of analog/digital according to our database. It doesn't appear that this radio would be able to trunk very well.

i'm not in Ohio so I will let Ohio scannists - there are many - recommend something that will work...Mike

Stark County is now on MARCS using a simulcast site. You'll need one of the more high-end scanners to monitor it reliably, unless you're really lucky and monitor from a location where you're only receiving one tower.

The SDS100 and SDS200 are the top end right now; there's also the impending (supposedly) TRX100/TRX200 from Whistler although release date for those is unknown.

You can also use the Unication G4 or G5 pager although they have certain trade-offs, as they're not really designed as scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.