RS Pro137

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Hey folks. First time posting in this forum. I went out today and purchased the PRO137. I just needed a basic scanner, and I liked the "mocked" look of the Uniden 396T. I put the stubby antenna on that it came with just to see what kind of performance I would get, and I must say I am impressed.

I am picking up a UHF Med channel out of Charlotte ( what Mecklenburg EMS, or better known as MEDIC is dispatched on ), and I am 45 miles away. It seems to be pretty sensitve. Now I'm just waiting on my DL link for the ScanLite S/W.

Anyone else have this unit, and if so, what is your take on it?

Jakemcgraw

Yes, Ive owned the pro-137 for a few months, and it has excellent receive capability on the stock antenna,,I also tried the stub antenna and found it performed well in the 462.000's range which is our med freq's...I ordered the Hand strap and Adapter for the br330t uniden which is a perfect match as they are the same for those parts..Very sensitive yes, a great basic and durable handheld ! Also i must add since it is not a trunking scanner, that's probably why it doesn't get the recognition it deserves,,Last ,R.S. should change the website Pic, it does not have a red display face, But a nice silver look.............Les.

Last edited:

KM4WLV

I got the ScanLite S/W downloaded, and got the 137 programmed just a little bit ago. The scanlite stuff is a little different than the what I had for my Pro-97 from Starrsoft, but not to hard to learn. I am still using the stubby antenna that came with it, and the receive performance is outstanding. Best of any Radio Shack unit that I've owned.

And yes, I was expecting a red face also when I took it out of the box, but was much more pleased when it was silver.

I have to give it an A+++.

Status
Not open for further replies.