RS Pro2052 backlit display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdale915

I have had this scanner for probably 10 years and it has never had a lighted display of any kind. I believe I read here someplace, Maybe a manual, about its backlit display. If Mine is suppose to have one, how do I turn it on? No softkey on front. I have always had to use external light to read display after dark. I somehow have managed to misplace the manual.

Thanks

wmbio

The scanner uses an 8 volt grain of wheat bulb to light the display. RS lists the part number as PL001,10791416, LAMP,PILOT 8V 0.2A. They may still stock it if you call them? There are substitutes available on the net.

Enjoy,
Wmbio

Pdale915

Wmbio, Thanks for the info. Guess mine must have been defected when I bought it new so just didnt occcur to me that is was suppose to have one. Maybe I should have paid more attention to the manual.

wmbio

If you pop the top of the scanner off you should be able to see where the bulb is held in place behind the display with 2 small wires. It just pulls out with your fingers. Snip the wires, get a new bulb, solder it back in and your in business.

Wmbio

blynn44

Premium Subscriber
"I have had this scanner for probably 10 years and it has never had a lighted display of any kind. I believe I read here someplace, Maybe a manual, about its backlit display. "

Do yourself a favor & replace the defective bulb with a colored led. Then you can have any color display plus longevity. :)

Benzman66

The scanner uses an 8 volt grain of wheat bulb to light the display. RS lists the part number as PL001,10791416, LAMP,PILOT 8V 0.2A. They may still stock it if you call them? There are substitutes available on the net.

Enjoy,
Wmbio

RS wants $8.75 for ONE pilot light which is crazy. You happen to know where to get the substitutes that will have the rubber nipple that slides into the slot?

ka2wey

Pro-2052 backlight lamp

I have serviced Pro-2052 scanners. The backlight voltage regulator is designed to use only RSU 10791416
8 volt backlight. That backlight has leads which are easily soldered. Paying $8.75 for the proper replacement
lamp is cheap compared to the $60 plus you will have to pay to have the scanner repaired if blow up the
backlight voltage regulator circuitry.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I replaced mine with a white wide-angle LED. Put it back inside the orange rubber peice and now its bright as ever and should never burn out! I'm glad they stopped putting those grain-of-wheat bulbs in electronics, such a paid in the rear to fix sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.