RS Pro90

Arby250

Camden County, NJ
Is there a way to easily set the Pro90 to just scan for anything at all in the area besides weather? I’d like to turn this over to an 8 year old, but I cannot figure it out (it’s been many years since I used it). Thank you for any help. This scanner served me well for several years, I’d hate to toss it, but I cannot find anything local that it picks up.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Camden County, NJ
Is there a way to easily set the Pro90 to just scan for anything at all in the area besides weather?
Welcome to the RR forums. For future reference, local discussion is better suited in your state's discussion forum but since you've posted here & I visit your county from time to time:
You can take public safety out of the equation as they operate on a P25 Phase-II trunked radio system & simulcast at that. Your county fire dispatch still broadcasts on 154.430, 192.8 PL so you'll be able to pick that up. And umm...anything amateur radio ID'ed as Mode "FM" should work assuming those repeaters are still online. If you're close enough to Philly International Airport, there's that, you'll be able to hear planes to ATC but not the other way around unless you're no further than a few miles out from the airport. A majority of businesses and hospitals have moved on to DMR or NXDN, some incorporating full encryption along with county law enforcement which equals a no-go for any non-affiliate radio. So yeah, not nearly the number of analog stations on the air as there were decades ago but worth spinning the dial anyhow. You'll come across a lot of digital emissions noise but every so often you may stumble upon an analog station in the clear. Might be rather mundane traffic but some are still out there...

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you get over to Philadelphia, here are the air traffic control frequencies. The tower and ground frequencies will be the most interesting when watching aircraft. I eliminated the UHF military frequencies which your scanner does not cover. You will need to lockout the 2 ATIS frequencies. They are continuous transmissions with airport info. Aircraft frequencies are AM.

118.500KPHL Tower VHF
135.100KPHL Tower VHF
121.900KPHL Ground VHF
121.650KPHL Ground VHF
118.850KPHL Clear Deliv
122.950KPHL Unicom
133.400KPHL ATIS Arrive
135.925KPHL ATIS Depart
125.400KPHL Final VHF
123.800KPHL App VHF
124.350KPHL App VHF
126.850KPHL App VHF
127.350KPHL App VHF
128.400KPHL App VHF
133.875KPHL App VHF
119.750KPHL Dep VHF
124.350KPHL Dep VHF
121.500Aero Emerg VHF

Last edited:

Arby250

Welcome to the RR forums. For future reference, local discussion is better suited in your state's discussion forum but since you've posted here & I visit your county from time to time:
You can take public safety out of the equation as they operate on a P25 Phase-II trunked radio system & simulcast at that. Your county fire dispatch still broadcasts on 154.430, 192.8 PL so you'll be able to pick that up. And umm...anything amateur radio ID'ed as Mode "FM" should work assuming those repeaters are still online. If you're close enough to Philly International Airport, there's that, you'll be able to hear planes to ATC but not the other way around unless you're no further than a few miles out from the airport. A majority of businesses and hospitals have moved on to DMR or NXDN, some incorporating full encryption along with county law enforcement which equals a no-go for any non-affiliate radio. So yeah, not nearly the number of analog stations on the air as there were decades ago but worth spinning the dial anyhow. You'll come across a lot of digital emissions noise but every so often you may stumble upon an analog station in the clear. Might be rather mundane traffic but some are still out there...
Thanks so much for this. We aren’t far from PHL, and we are on an approach path. With this scanner, will it pick air traffic up just by hitting the SVC button and toggling to AIR? I’ve tried a few times, but nothing so far.
Again, thanks for the help.

Arby250

If you get over to Philadelphia, here are the air traffic control frequencies. The tower and ground frequencies will be the most interesting when watching aircraft. I eliminated the UHF military frequencies which your scanner does not cover. You will need to lockout the 2 ATIS frequencies. They are continuous transmissions with airport info. Aircraft frequencies are AM.

118.500KPHL Tower VHF
135.100KPHL Tower VHF
121.900KPHL Ground VHF
121.650KPHL Ground VHF
118.850KPHL Clear Deliv
122.950KPHL Unicom
133.400KPHL ATIS Arrive
135.925KPHL ATIS Depart
125.400KPHL Final VHF
123.800KPHL App VHF
124.350KPHL App VHF
126.850KPHL App VHF
127.350KPHL App VHF
128.400KPHL App VHF
133.875KPHL App VHF
119.750KPHL Dep VHF
124.350KPHL Dep VHF
121.500Aero Emerg VHF
I’m thinking maybe we need to make a trip to Red Bank Battlefield across the river from the airport. Thanks for the suggestion!