Rs Pro_2050

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mary2

Premium Subscriber
I have in front of me a scanner which I was given. The face plate reads Radio Shack (upper left corner) TRUNK TRACKER 800MHZ (UPPER RIGHT CORNER) and below the number pad PRO-2050 (lower right corner). Have looked everywhere only for people to tell me this model and scanner does not exist. I only have 300 channels to store and the directions are to hard to comprehend. Pro- 96 & 97's are easy compared to this antique. Anybody have any idea what I have? Any and all help greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Conventionals are easy, find the channel you want to program and enter the frequency and press E.
Press Up or Manual and repeat previous for additional frequencies.
Note, you cannot program conventional frequencies in a bank programmed for trunking.

Motorola trunking can be programmed as follows:
Programming for Trunking.
1. Press and hold TRUNK until you hear two beeps, all 10 bank numbers should be flashing.
2. Press the number for the bank you want to program, E2-800 should be on the display and
your bank number should be upper left.
3. If your system is Motorola type II then leave E2-800 in place. (for E1 or IIi, see below)
4. Press E, Channel 1 of your bank should appear.
5. Using the numbered keys enter the first frequency,
6. Press E
7. Press UP/HOLD, and enter the second frequency,
8. Press E
9. Repeat step 7 and 8 until all frequencies are entered.
10. When completed press TRUNK twice, your bank should be flashing on the top left.
11. Press SEARCH,
You should now see ----- on the display until the scanner stops on a conversation. Then if
the system type is E2-800 Motorola, the display will show from 2 to 5 numbers, which is
an ID. If type I or IIi it may list XXX-XX.

E1 or IIi
E1=Mot, User set fleetmap (not preset) because most are not preset.
1. Press and hold TRUNK until you hear two beeps, all 20 bank number should be flashing.
2. Press the number for the bank you want to program, E2-800 should be on the display and
your bank, number should be upper left.
3. Press HOLD repeatedly until E1 appears in the display, then press E
4. Press DATA
5. Press HOLD repeatedly until USr is in the display, then press DATA
6. b0 S - 0 should be on the display; b=Block, 0=block 0; S=Size code, 0=Size code 0.
(note) by pressing HOLD repeatedly, notice the number after the S (Size Code) increases
and the b0 flashes. b0 is the first Block, if your source gives you a size for Block 0,
stop or go back by pressing LIMIT to your Size code for this block.
7. Press E b0 changed to b1 and S - 0 reappears.
8. Repeat step 6 and 7 until all size codes are entered.

Note, If any size code is 12, then it will take two blocks. If any size code is 13, then
it will take four blocks. If your size code is 14, then it will take all blocks.

After all 8 blocks are programmed (blocks 0 through 7) press Search. If your frequencies
are programmed, you should pick up communications and the type I (or II if Hybrid) ID's
should be present during Com's.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Forgot to include programming ID's

Programming ID’s
1. Press SCAN
2. Press up/HOLD (----- should be on the display)
3. Navigate up or down using HOLD/LIMIT until the number 1 appears on the left and a smaller
number 1 is in upper left
4. Using the numbered keys, enter the 2 to 5 digits ID for E2-800 or for Mot Type
I ID’s use the period key for the hyphen.
5. Press E
6. Press Up/HOLD
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 until all known ID’s are entered
Note: after programming 10 ID’s, the number 1 appears on the left again and a number 2 appears
in the upper left, this is a new ID sub-bank. The scanner has 5 of these sub-banks for a total of 50 ID’s per scan bank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.