RS Shack Scanner Trade In - $150

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleesdad

I've don't recall seeing the scanner "trade in" credit of up to $150 off before. it says it only applies to select scanners in great condition that are appraised on site. has anyone tried this before, or know what scanners they are looking for?

al95

I've don't recall seeing the scanner "trade in" credit of up to $150 off before. it says it only applies to select scanners in great condition that are appraised on site. has anyone tried this before, or know what scanners they are looking for?

I just tried the trade appraised site here is how much my scanner is worth:

Radio Scanners | RadioShack | PRO-106 39000-Channel Digital
APPRAISE YOUR PRODUCT
Answer all of the questions to get your estimate
What condition is it in? View Examples
WORKING NOT WORKING

Required.

Trading in Charger?
YES NO

Required.

Today your trade-in value is:
$53.75 UPDATE ADD ANOTHER

TRADE IN-STORE TRADE ONLINE

i answered yes to both questions if not working it is worth 9.98

Last edited:

kuiper

If you go to the radioshack web site and click on "trade and save program". On the right hand side below "trade online" you can enter your scanner model and get an estimate of it's trade in value. My Pro-96 is worth about 40 bucks towards a new scanner.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
:lol::lol: That's exactly what I would expect from them!

For a trade in worth $150 does it have to be gold plated?

n9zas

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Hardcore (Pawn) Radio Shack

Wow, Radio Shack giving you less than what the scanner is worth.Do you want a cell phone with that?

The price of the scanners mentioned in this thread sound like quotes made at a pawn shop. I would try selling it somewhere else.

michaelmikesj

I wish

Even if it is brand new just out of the box pro 197 you will get 88.55 for it what a rip off!!

I wish I could get 197's for 88.55. I would buy as many as I could get and sell them on ebay. What a rip off radio shack. Just goes to show the true value of the scanners we bought from them. IMHO.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Figures...System most likely programmed and setup to "LOWBALL" you. I'd Sell it on Ebay or even give Craigslist a shot before I'd go to RS if at all...

sphipps

I saw a sign at Radio Shack saying they're giving $30 to $300 credit for used cell phones. Sure would like to know which phones they're paying $300 for. I doubt any.

There are folks out there who think anything that's used is worth zilch... so these "trade in" programs will get some takers.

I would hope all participants on Radio Reference would know the value of their equipment and would run away from such offers.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Clacking rocks together: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID X2 Build/4.5.1A-DTN-150-30) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

They're bound to get some takers on this...be curious to see if RS then resells them and for how much...

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
RS doesn't resell any of the items that are tradded in. A 3rd party company, CExchange manages the entire trade-in program.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone purchasing pro-106 & 197 should be checking to make sure their's is cherry and not one of rat shack's trade in's!! :(

n9zas

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I saw a sign at Radio Shack saying they're giving $30 to $300 credit for used cell phones. Sure would like to know which phones they're paying $300 for. I doubt any.

There are folks out there who think anything that's used is worth zilch... so these "trade in" programs will get some takers.

I would hope all participants on Radio Reference would know the value of their equipment and would run away from such offers.

Did you read the fine print? Working phone upgrade to a new phone and renew a contract for two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.