RS197 Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

node1

Premium Subscriber
I'm loading 800 freq into older model 197. I loaded the 800 freq for IN and it would stop on freq but no sound. So I check for the rebanding firm ware and up dated from ver 1.6 to ver 1.7 and to ver 1.8. after doing the upgrade when go to check anything I get heap error 22CF21 : 22D6 or 22CF1F : 22D6 and it won't stop or any of my freq now. So I went back and reset it to the factory default settings. Same heap error's. It will stop on old FM Medical Freq. that was programed before. Please any help apprec.

node1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help.
I went back in and done both of the factory defaults and that cleared the Heap Errors. There were more than one TSPS group.
Now I stop on the programed freq and get no voice on the 800 but I get all of the VHF freq ok.
I have ver 1.8 installed

bama9999

What system are you trying to program into your scanner? Also, were you able to receive it ok before you did the firmware updates? The more info that you can provide the more folks here will be able to help.

node1

Premium Subscriber
I'am trying to load a 800 meg freq. It is Indiana and Wayne County location. The freq that was in it was from MN. Nothing was loaded that I could receive here in Indiana. The VH freq for fire and medical I did receive before my updating it is the as MN.
I loaded the Indiana freq and started to scan all I got was visual of the freq without the voice. I check the firmware and it was V1.6 and I updated from that to V1.7 and then to V1.8. I reloaded the 800 freq and it does the same thing.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'am trying to load a 800 meg freq. It is Indiana and Wayne County location. The freq that was in it was from MN. Nothing was loaded that I could receive here in Indiana. The VH freq for fire and medical I did receive before my updating it is the as MN.
I loaded the Indiana freq and started to scan all I got was visual of the freq without the voice. I check the firmware and it was V1.6 and I updated from that to V1.7 and then to V1.8. I reloaded the 800 freq and it does the same thing.
Are you trying to program SAFE-T?

Both of the sites shown for Wayne County have been rebanded. Besides entering the frequencies for those sites, you must also enter the custom band plan. If you're using software to program, see this page. If you're programming through the keyboard, without software, see the bottom section of this Wiki page for instructions on how to enter the band plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.