RS232 DTR and RTS pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd2goe

I'm using the DTR- pin2 and RTS- pin7 pins to control some radio keying and for RTTY "FSK"
on my 3 com-ports in my PC I can't get the RTS line to go high it is at 0v the DTR pin works fine I can switch that

Running Windows 10 I have tested the RTS line with wsjt-x, MMTTY and CwType this has all worked before.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
What radio are you doing this with? You may have to modify some settings in your radio and or split the comport with software.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Some cheaper com ports only have the data in and out pins active, and don't have any active circuitry (or even a connection) on CTS, RTS, etc.

kd2goe

What radio are you doing this with? You may have to modify some settings in your radio and or split the comport with software.

TS-2000 running in to the ACC port. i have a control box this all worked fine for years

Well it started working last night There is some thing that's messing up the port on my PC but I have no clue what it is just yet..
it's leaving the DTR pin alone but messing up the RTS pin.

right now if com3 RTS pin stops working com 4 will work till it wont. then ill plug it in to com 3 and the RTS line is fine.
all this time the DTR pin works fine.

Last edited:

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
This sounds like a driver issue. Run windows update and double check your drivers. Also, try a reboot.

I had some serious issues starting winter field day due to updates that happened overnight and a reboot fixed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.