RSC-2 Kit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that they no longer sell it/make it (of corse, right when I need it! lol) Anyway...

I would like somthing simmiler to this kit for my car. I have a IS300, and there is very little room for somthing big, but plenty of places that a remote head kit would fit. So what are my options other then ebay/the RR market place?

-Has anyone made a "homemade" kit like this?
-Do you think they are going to come out with one for the new BCD996T Scanner? (the 996 replaced the 896 right?)
-Is there any place that might possibly have these still in stock?

Thanks,
-Wes

gr8amp

R426onthescene said:
-Has anyone made a "homemade" kit like this?

A couple of years back I designed a remote display/control for the bc895, which was later adapted to the 898, 780 and 246t. Unfortunately I never got enough playtime with the 785 or 796, so that is where the project was killed. This was really nothing like the scannermaster kit, but is one of the very few scanner "remote head" devices that I am aware of.

When the 780 first came out there were a number of posts in various yahoo groups regarding the development of remote head modifications. I know of at least one person who claimed success in modifying their 780 by removing the faceplate and simply extending all of the front panel connections. Avoiding the details, there are various reasons why this is not really the proper way to create a remote mount. I'm just providing some background on what has been done, and would not suggest using this method on your 796.

R426onthescene said:
-Do you think they are going to come out with one for the new BCD996T Scanner? (the 996 replaced the 896 right?)
-Is there any place that might possibly have these still in stock?

I am not 100% certain, but I believe these were only sold through Scannermaster directly.
As far as a remote for the 996t, I dont know. I would love to see one designed, as it would certainly be a great accessory for the radio, but I havent heard anything yet.

Have you considered the ARC Pocket kit? This is probably your best option at this time. http://www.scannermaster.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=01-690840

Yeah, i've seen that but I dont think it works with palm OS so I would have to buy a whole new PDA just for the scanner =/

Status
Not open for further replies.