RSP1A on Android Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC_zero_DSU

I recently discovered that it's possible to use my Rsp1a with my android phone and had some questions. I understand that I need an OTG adapter, does that require a compatible cord as well (OTG cord)? Or with the adapter can I use the same cord I use to connect it to my PC? I have a USB-C type port on my phone, can anyone recommend a type C to A OTG adapter with a connector for external power as well as an appropriate cord to go with it? My other question is regarding drivers. The articles I read led me to believe that the drivers may not be mature enough yet to be real functional, is that still the case or was that old news? If there is any other advice or suggestions you'd like to offer on getting SDR on android up and going I'm all ears and much appreciative, Thanks. BTW, I have a LG V30+ and I have rooted it if that helps with offering advice.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I have used an OTG cable with an older Android phone together with an RTL-SDR dongle. I use it for ads-b. I was able to get it going by directly using the source article for the information I needed. What was the response from the person or persons who wrote the articles you refer to?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Questions like this are likely better asked on forums that are devoted to the SDRPlay SDRs

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.